Yesterday Apple launched the beta 1 of iOS 13.2 with several new highlights. As every year, successive “X.Y” versions of a major update are incorporating some of the improvements and features announced in the past. With iOS 13 it couldn’t happen otherwise and Apple is already starting to meet its roadmap announced both at the WWDC in June and at the launch of the new iPhones last month. Let’s see what’s new in iOS 13.2 .
New in iOS 13.2: Deep Fusion, Handoff for HomePod and Privacy
Deep Fusion, the successor to the Smart HDR for the new iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, is not the only new feature of iOS 13.2. Considering that we are looking at a beta and that therefore feature additions and changes could be postponed and even new ones added, iOS 13.2 brings quite a few additional improvements (via MacRumors):
- Announcing messages with Siri was one of the last features removed from the final version of iOS 13. With iOS 13.2, when you receive a message Siri will read it to you if you have an AirPod 2 or some Beats models. The wizard will not interrupt you and you will be able to reply to them without having to say Oye Siri.
- In the privacy section we will see a specific section for the Research app. Apple announced this new app in September, designed to bring together the three medical studies it has underway with different universities and medical institutions. For the time being, its launch will be limited to the United States.
- Apple has added a button to control the Handoff option between iPhone and HomePod. This feature is not yet available and depends on a yet to be released update for the Apple speaker.
- The Control Center volume bar now displays an icon with any headphones you have connected, provided they are wireless AirPods or Beats.
- iOS 13.2 allows you to group or ungroup HomeKit accessories that have multiple functions. They are now displayed as one or more within the Home app.
Update : it seems that Apple has also incorporated the integration of messaging apps to Siri automatically announced yesterday. See tweet below.
An AirPods 3 icon appears with possible noise cancellation
We have been speculating for some time about some new AirPods 3 . Apple renewed the originals last April with Oye Siri and a slightly improved range in conversation as the main novelties. The company also took the opportunity to launch a wireless charging case. And now, the iOS 13.2 beta has an icon that would tell us a lot about its appearance and functions.
Icon where you can see a headset that matches the description of the AirPods 3.
Judging by the icon, we would be looking at new AirPods whose shape has been substantially modified, at least the earphone. This icon points to a silicone tip similar to Apple’s in-ear headphones from a few years ago. Because of its design, it most likely has active noise cancellation or water resistance features, as has been rumored for quite some time.
The truth is that last month some cases of these supposed AirPods 3 were filtered. The Chinese website 52audio was made with several pieces of both the headphones and the case that point in the same direction as the filtered icon. The body of the AirPods 3 would change in appearance and fit with that silicone tip to isolate the outside sound.
In AppleThe AirPods 3 will bring a new internal design but also a higher price, point out the rumors
There is speculation that Apple will hold one last event at the end of this October, possibly on the 28th or 29th. It is at that time that we could see the new AirPods 3 with water resistance and active noise cancellation.
Apple on Instagram
Share The iOS 13.2 beta includes messages announced by Siri, HomeKit improvements and an AirPods 3 icon [Updated]
The best comments:
See 22 comments
Topics of interest