With the arrival of the iPhone 3GS and the first GPS chip inside an iPhone , the possibilities of obtaining and saving more data from reality were finally possible since without realizing it, we began to map reality in each photograph. These were the first foundations of Augmented Reality: in 2009 I wrote about the history of the path to AR with the iPhone that was just beginning. At that time, apps were starting to change everything and some of them were already making their own interpretation of Augmented Reality. However, computing power was essential not only to show better graphics, but also to improve the whole experience. Apple – perhaps with some new device in mind for the future – introduced ARKit , and version 2.0 of this new iOS feature does amazing things that we wanted to show you.
ARKit 2.0’s multiplayer experience will result in more collaborative, real-time games anywhere – we don’t even need Wi-Fi
With the new version of the Augmented Reality development kit, Apple offers something unprecedented until now in this field: the possibility of multiplayer game, ie several players can interact with the same virtual scene from different angles and influence it – all in real time and with incredible accuracy. As we thought you should see this, I asked Julio César Muñoz not only to explain the basics, but also to play a game with me on SwiftShot , the multiplayer AR game Apple used as a demo on the keynote.
After the departure we also talk about the “new” Siri and the possibilities that we are discovering in iOS 12 after its arrival, like for example the use of Shortcuts to feed the possibilities and to personalize in a certain way how we work with Apple’s smart assistant. It’s summer, but the technology doesn’t stop !
You can watch this episode of the video talks on our regular podcasting channels :
If you like our episodes, recommend us through the platform you use by writing a review or giving Me gusta. This way you will help us to spread the word about Apple’s Talks.
You can also watch previous episodes of The Apple Talks through these links:
- Take your Apple devices on vacation, here are our recommendations
- All the news of WWDC18 explained: a special episode where we have a great expert of the development world for iOS, Julio César Muñoz from Apple Coding
- Third Anniversary of the Apple Watch: Present and Future
- From tablet to computer, the evolution of the original iPad to the iPad 2018
- The Apple Store is not just stores, an update on the goal and importance of stores for Apple.
- Steve Jobs, Keynotes and the future of Siri: The Apple Talks, with Angel Jimenez.
- The iPhone is not the most important thing, about Apple’s ability to go beyond your phone.
- From MacBook Pro to iPad Pro, our experiences: The Apple Talks, about our experiences with the iPad Pro.
- Macs with ARM processors, the third transition.
Las Charlas de Apple.
Apple en Instagram
Compartir Probamos la Realidad Aumentada multijugador de Apple, el futuro de Siri y Shortcuts: Las Charlas de Apple
Los mejores comentarios:
Ver 2 comentarios
Temas de interés
The future of Apple: AR glasses, autonomous vehicles, HomePod and ARM.