Maybe you have thought about whether it would be possible to use WhatsApp with a fixed number . The reasons for wanting to do this can be very varied, from not wanting to give out your main mobile number to being able to have a messaging app account to use for business purposes and so differentiate it from your personal one.
One of the most common uses is directly related to the latter, especially in people who have some kind of business where they want to be able to serve customers through the app. For example, if you have a store or offer some kind of service, it might be interesting for customers to be able to contact you through WhatsApp, but you might not want to use your personal mobile number for that and you might not have another number for work, but you do have a landline.
WhatsApp Business: A Fixed Number for Messaging
If you are in this situation, you should know that it is possible to use a landline number on WhatsApp today. In addition, you will be able to have both your mobile and landline accounts on the same iPhone. All without breaking the rules of service and without the risk of having your account suspended.
In order to do this, the first thing you need to do is install WhatsApp Business on your iPhone by downloading it from the App Store or from the Play Store in case you use an Android smartphone. This version of the app is intended for business and has some differences from the normal version, the most notable being the possibility of creating a profile with a description of the business, schedule, etc, etc…
Steps to activate your landline number on WhatsApp
Once the app is installed on your smartphone, it’s time to activate the account with the landline number. This is a very simple process and to complete it all you have to do is follow these steps to the letter:
- If you have the normal version of the app installed it will ask you if you want to use the number. Tap on Use a different number to be able to activate the fixed number.
- Enter the phone number, although WhatsApp will prompt you to enter a mobile number you can still enter the landline number (remember to check that the country code displayed is correct. 34 in the case of Spain).
- WhatsApp will send you an activation SMS. As it is a fixed number you will not receive it, but you only have to wait 60 seconds for another verification option.
- After 60 seconds, the app will allow you to choose to check by phone. Choose this option and answer the call you will receive on the landline number.
- During the call an answering machine will give you a 6-digit verification code that you must enter into the app.
Once you have completed these steps, the fixed number will be active in WhatsApp Business and you can start using it.
In this version of the app you will have the same functions as in the standard version. You will be able to chat with people from any country in the world, join groups, send files, use WhatsApp Web, block users, make voice and video calls, etc, etc…
Definitely a great way to have two different accounts on the same phone. Besides, if you really have a business and you want to offer another channel of customer service, I’m sure your customers will thank you very much, since they are probably very used to using the messaging app in their day-to-day life.