Ulysses 2.8 llega a iOS y macOS: protección mediante Touch ID my más novedades
Apple en Instagram
Compartir Ulysses, una de las mejores apps de escritura en macOS e iOS, pasa a un modelo de suscripción
Los mejores comentarios:
Ver 35 comentarios
Temas de interés
Ulysses is one of the best applications we can find right now in the App Store. Thanks to its incredible tools and an interface adapted to Apple’s operating systems, the writing app has positioned itself for many as the best when it comes to taking notes, writing short texts, writing long texts or even whole books. From today there is a major change in the app, from being a paid app for each platform to being a free app with a monthly or yearly subscription .
Indeed, from now on you can download the app for free from both the App Store and the Mac App Store. With the new model, you can use the app for free for 14 days. If you like the way it works, you can subscribe for 4.99 euros per month or 39.99 euros per year . If you don’t subscribe, all you can do is read documents and export them.
Some details to be taken into account:
- Subscriptions are either monthly or yearly, at 4.99 euros and 39.99 euros respectively.
- If you are a student you can subscribe for 11.99 euros for six months.
- A subscription unlocks the app on all devices linked to your Apple account.
- If you have already purchased the app you can enjoy a 50% lifetime discount on the subscription.
- If you’ve recently purchased the app on a Mac, you’re offered 12 months of free use. If you’ve purchased the app on iOS, you’re offered 6 more months of free use.
- If you are a Setapp subscriber you will be able to continue using the macOS app normally, in iOS you will be able to unlock the app for free in the next few days.
- Older versions have been updated with iOS 11 and High Sierra MacOS support and you can still use them as before, but they will not receive any more updates, just the subscription app.
The developers of Ulysses know that this is not a step that users like to take. It has been a difficult decision for them to opt for the subscription model, however, is the most beneficial model in the long term for both customers and developers . The other option was to launch a new paid app whenever there was a large update. In the words of Max Seelemann, co-founder of the company
Remember, you can download Ulysses for free from the App Store and the Mac App Store. Maybe now is the time to finally try out the app , because you don’t have to buy it to see how it works.