Tweetbot, the native Twitter alternative app, has been updated with interesting features for the macOS platform.
Tweetbot updated with new changes
Very recently Tweetbot released the API for the iOS platform and now it has been released for macOS.
In this version, 2.5, the developers of Tweetbot have included some quite interesting changes in the app, as well as a change in the user interface.
The news with which this update comes loaded are the following in the App Store:
- Twitter has recently added the new API for sending DM through Dm. Now you can also do it from the macOS app.
- When we reply to a Tweet the names of the users we are replying to will not count within 140 characters.
- Possibility to make a “classic” response by holding down control while pressing the response button. In this mode, user names do count in the 140 characters.
- Solution to a problem where, when putting the app on full screen, the window did not change its screen resolution.
- Solution to the crashing that arose when visualizing the collections of a user with a large number of them.
- Solution to the problem of multiple image view. The first and second were seen below the third and fourth.
Very useful functions
Tweetbot and its interface
Now we can send our photos via direct message (DM), giving a greater privacy and convenience to the user, since they won’t have to do that action from the official Twitter app.
Having implemented the option to reply to users and not include them within those – sometimes scarce – 140 characters, gives us a little more space to write a tweet. However, if we make a classic answer, it will count us. You will have to choose how to respond.
What do you think about Tweetbot including these various options?