Yes, we have Jailbreak for iOS 10.2 , the latest stable version of iOS so far. But like iOS 10.1.1, this one is not for all devices, or at least not yet.
Installing the iOS 10.2 Jailbreak
As we said before, this Jailbreak is not compatible with all iOS devices. Which ones is it compatible for? For now it is compatible with these devices:
- iPhone 6S
- iPad Pro
- iPhone SE
In any of the three cases, they must have installed iOS 10.2 , or, iOS 10.1 .
And what will we have to have ready to do the Jailbreak? We will need to download the Cydia Impactor application, that we already used before. And where can it be downloaded from? It can be downloaded from Saurik’s official website, and is compatible with both MacOS, Windows and Linux.
In addition, we will also need to download a special IPA to do the Jailbreak .
Finally, you will need to have a application password in our Apple account. This can be done from the Apple ID management page , where we will log in with our Apple account. There we’ll go to the security section and click where it says Create Password . We will then be asked to put a name , where we can put whatever we want (for example, Password for Jailbreak). Then, the website will give us a code that we must keep , because we will need it later.
If you meet the requirements mentioned above you can install the iOS 10.2 Jailbreak Beta . But if you don’t comply, you will only have to restore your device to use it again, because it will give an error during the process.
Having said that, let’s proceed to explain step by step :
- The first step will be to connect our iPhone or iPad to the computer via a USB port.
- Once it has been recognized by the computer, we will proceed to run the application already downloaded. I’m talking about Cydia Impactor.
- Later we will drag the IPA that we downloaded in the section of the previous requirements to this application.
- Then we’ll be asked to put in our Apple ID. And what is that? If you don’t know, it’s the email used for iCloud or iTunes, for example.
- We will then also be asked for the application password. Here we will put the code we created in the prerequisites section via the Apple ID website.
- After you hit Ok you will start the installation process. Once finished we will have in the main screen of our device an application called yalu102 with the face of the North Korean dictator, Kim Jong-un.
- This application is the one corresponding to the previously downloaded IPA. To install the Jailbreak we must open it, and after a while with a blank screen the device will reboot.
- And that’s it! The Jailbreak is done!
Opinion on the Jailbreak
This Jailbreak is possible thanks to the tool Cydia Impactor created by Saurik, which allows us to sign and pass to the iPhone an application in IPA format. In this way, what is passed is Yalu , which will be in charge of performing the Jailbreak.
At first glance this can be quite strange , as it asks for your Apple ID and an application password. The good thing is that Yalu is free software , so anyone can see its code in GitHub and compile it if they want. Also, Cydia Impactor is apparently reliable software.
Therefore, at first glance it seems that this Jailbreak is safe , although it cannot be confirmed with total certainty, but it is still in beta phase . Therefore, it is not recommended to do so until more is known about it, unless you know about it.
And you? Do you use the Jailbreak? Are you going to do it? Are you in favour of the Jailbreak or against it? Do you consider it essential or rather as something additional?