2016 has been one of the worst years in memory according to many Internet users, in part because of the bad events we have had. And while it’s true that this is debatable, it has also been a bad year for Apple in terms of losses . This is what Apple has stopped manufacturing or developing during 2016, and which we will remember forever:
- The 11-inch MacBook Air: In October of this year Apple discontinued the 11-inch MacBook Air, leaving only the 13-inch. If you really need one, you’ll have to buy them in bulk for an educational institution, but individually they will no longer be sold.
- The Thunderbold Cinema Display: With the close collaboration between Apple and LG to sell the new LG UltraFine 5K, the Thunderbolt Display has been discontinued and is no longer the ideal display for your Mac.
- The MagSafe: First it was the MacBook that did not bring MagSafe in favor of USB-C, and this year with the new MacBook Pro has been confirmed, Apple leaves its MagSafe connector
- The AirPorts: These have been half-confirmed rumors, but it seems that Apple has dissolved the wireless router department to focus on other aspects.
- The third generation Apple TV: One of the most mythical Apple TVs of all has stopped selling this year. Luckily the Apple TV 4 is a much better option that has nothing to miss.
- The original iPad Air: When Apple upgraded iOS to a new version it usually left the old devices loaded with features. However, this year with iOS 10 the original iPad Air is no longer supported. Instead you can purchase a new 9.7 inch iPad Pro.
- The possible Apple Car: All the rumors pointed to the fact that Apple was making its own autonomous car. This year it seems that they have put aside the project to focus more on making a platform for vehicles with artificial intelligence rather than a car itself.
Has it been a bad year for Apple? Actually it has been one of the best years . The launch of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus has been a success, and the 9.7-inch iPad Pro as well. On the other hand, both the new Macbook Pro and the AirPods have been heavily criticized, but they seem to sell like hot cakes, and customers are more than satisfied with them.
Apple on Instagram
Share Seven products that Apple has stopped manufacturing or developing during 2016
The best comments:
See 31 comments
Topics of interest