Today we’re talking about the headphones that come with the iPhone, the so-called Apple EarPods. In my case I still use the 5S model, to which I have added the lightning adapter to be able to use them with the latest, so far, launch of the Californians. The truth is that although they are not the best hearing aids in the market, they give a good answer for the features and price they have . And the durability, with minimum care, is prolonged. Since December 2013 I have been using my own hearing aids and I have kept the current ones for other occasions.
We remind you that these headphones were launched in September 2012, taking advantage of the iPhone 5’s launch, and came to replace the previous model and were in force since the presentation of the first model.
So apart from listening to music, the radio or using it as a hands-free kit, it is also possible to take pictures. Yes, photos. I’ll tell you how later, but let’s get to the music first.
- We’ll pause the song we’re listening to by simply pressing the center button.
- Double-click on the center button to move to the next song.
- If you press the centre button twice and hold it down on the second press, you’ll be able to move through the song much more quickly. Great if you want to get to that goose bumps guitar solo.
- Pressing that same button 3 times, but keeping it pressed during the third press, you will quickly go back through the song.
- Triple press on the central button, you go back to the beginning of the current topic or to the previous one.
- If they call you and you press the central button once, you answer the call. Come on, you’re picking up.
- Making a long press on an incoming call rejects it.
- This may be the hardest one to memorize. When you’re making a call and you get a new one, you can answer it. How? By pressing the center button once. To go back to the current call and hang up the new one, press it for a long time.
- You can take pictures by pressing the + button on the headset, as long as the camera is active. Selfies take on a new dimension.
Some care for your Apple EarPods
- Avoid keeping them in a tangle. Don’t leave him tied up in knots.
- The inner mesh usually accumulates lint and sometimes traces of earwax. Don’t get to that end by brushing it with a soft bristle brush.
- From time to time, clean the connector and cables with a cloth slightly moistened with a drop of liquid soap.
That said, these headphones are proven to be very lively if treated with a minimum of care and can perform many functions, as we have seen. Despite the launch of the AirPods last year, many users are still reluctant to retire theirs .
We urge you to keep an eye on the new items we offer daily. Follow us and don’t hesitate to share .