Update: The public beta is also available to all public beta testers registered with the Apple beta program.
A few minutes ago Apple has launched the second beta of iOS 12.2 , which has been accompanied by the also second betas of other systems such as watchOS 5.2, tvOS 12.2 and macOS 10.4.4 . These second betas come a week and a half after Apple released the first of these betas. In this post we tell you all the news we have in this second version for developers.
These new betas are for developers only while we’ll have to wait a few hours for Apple to release these test versions for public testers. If you are a developer you can access these betas from the Apple portal and if you already have the first beta installed you will only need to update the software.
Configuration of ‘Oye Siri’ for AirPods found in iOS 12.2 beta
The new features present in the first beta are still available in this second version . We remind you of some of the most important ones:
- Configuration of “Oye Siri” for some hypothetical AirPods 2.
- Auto Complete Fields with Touch ID function on some Macs
- Support of AirPlay 2 for some televisions that were presented at the CES 2019 held in early January. You can check the compatible televisions by clicking here.
- Small change to the screen sharing icon in the Control Center in iOS.
- The Apple TV Control Center also supports control of televisions that are connected via AirPlay 2.
- Redesign of the icon for the application of actions in macOS.
- Apple News comes to Canada in English and French.
In this second beta of iOS 12.2, besides finding the typical fixes, we have the following new features:
Classroom which was originally only available on the iPad is also available in macOS with this new beta. Again, these betas are intended for developers, so should not be installed as it may contain certain bugs and instability . Also, Apple does not repair terminals with a beta installed unless the device has been restored to an official version. We do not know when Apple will decide to officially release these versions of its operating systems. What we do know is that we will probably not see any new highlights even in the next versions because the company is already working on its new operating systems such as iOS 13. These new versions will be presented at WWDC 2019 in June and will be officially released in the fall. If you have been able to test these new betas we ask you to leave us your impressions on them in the comments as well as if you have detected any bugs or new features that we have not highlighted.