HomeUncategorized Save iPad ECID before Jailbreak (MAC)By Daniel Peris – May 1, 2010ShareFacebookTwitter
We already showed you how to save the iPad ECID from a Windows and now it’s time to do it from a MAC. We leave you with the steps detailed below. It requires a lot of attention to do it correctly.
- Download the latest version of the Umbrella firmware (link)
- Unzip the .zip file:
- Launches the MAC (Applications – Utilities) Terminal.
- Type the following path: ApplicationsTextEdit.appContentsMacOSTextEdit etchosts. Press Enter. If you are prompted for a password, enter it.
- Once we open TextEdit, we’ll see if there’s a line that says gs.apple.com. If there is, we’ll delete it. Close and save.
- Go back to the folder where you unzipped Umbrella and mount the .dmg image:
- Then open the application:
- Write your ECID, select the version of your device and the way to reset your SHSH (you must select Saurik – Cydia) To find your ECID follow these steps: Put the iPad in “Recovery Mode” – About this Mac – More Info – Hardware – USB – Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode) – Select and Copy the ECID serial (see image).
- We press submit.
- A new .shsh file will appear in the same folder. Save it.
ShareFacebookTwitterPrevious articleThe iPad 3G has 5 antennasNext articleThe iPad 3G works with any MicroSIMDaniel Perishttps:/pickaso.comFounders of iPadizate.