- Basic site functions
- Ensuring secure transactions
- Accessing your account safely
- Remember the count, the browser and the regional preferences
- Remember privacy and security settings
- Analyzing traffic and site usage
- Customized search, content and recommendations
- Help sellers understand their audience
- Show relevant and targeted ads inside and outside Etsy
Cookies and mandatory technologies
Some of the technologies we use are necessary for basic functions such as site security and integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and for the site to function properly while you browse and during transactions.
- remember login and general and regional preferences
- customize content, search, recommendations and offers
Without these technologies, features such as custom recommendations, account preferences, or location may not work properly. Please see our policy on cookies and similar technologies for more information.
We use these technologies for things like:
- Customized ads
- Limit the number of times you see an ad
- Understanding usage through Google Analytics
- Understanding how you came to Etsy
- Ensure that sellers understand their audience and can offer relevant ads
We do this with social media, marketing and analysis partners, who may have information collected by their own means. Refusing to receive this advertising will not prevent you from seeing Etsy ads, but it will make them less relevant or more repetitive. Learn more about our policy on cookies and similar technologies.