Little by little, we are getting more details from yesterday’s keynote. To the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Watch Series 5 and iPad. During the presentation of the Apple TV+ service, Tim Cook revealed a very interesting one. Those who buy an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac or Apple TV will receive one year free of Apple TV+ .
One year free Apple TV+ for a limited time
Apple’s CEO revealed that those who buy an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac or Apple TV would get a whole year’s worth of Apple TV+ as a gift. Basically, any device on which the streaming service can be viewed is included in the offer. Looking at the fine print of this offer, we see the following features:
On AppleApple TV+ it will officially arrive on November 1st, and will cost $4.99 per month
- With the purchase of any model of iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac or Apple TV from September 10, 2019.
- Open to any sales channel, including those purchased through Apple stores and resellers
- The discount is applied at the start of Apple TV+ on November 1st.
- The offer starts from the purchased device and with the latest software version.
- You have 3 months to activate it after purchase. If you purchased it before November 1, the three months count from this date.
- After the year, the service is charged at 4.99 euros per month.
- You can cancel at any time, if you do so you will lose the rest of the offer time.
- The Apple TV+ subscription can be shared with up to 6 family members, but the offer is not cumulative.
The truth is that this offer is phenomenal. We don’t know how long it will be available, but we do know that it is temporary.
Apple TV+ will have a strong start
With this one-year free offer from Apple TV+, the company is off to a strong start in the streaming wars . By having a catalog that only will have its own series, films, documentaries and programs , Apple has decided to adapt its strategy.
The new video-on-demand service will feature several weapons. The first is a 7-day trial period similar to that seen with other streaming services . Your initial catalog will feature this content: See, The Morning Show, Dickinson, For All Mankind, Helpsters, Snoopy in Space, Ghostwriter, The Elephant Queen and others from Oprah Winfrey. A few months later, Apple will launch Servant, Truth Be Told, Little America, The Banker and Hala.
Each series will have three initial chapters available, and then launch one each week. Thus, it is understood that Apple TV+ will cost 4.99 euros per month . And that the free offer of the year will be valid for a handful of months until the company can reinforce its catalog. All this with a quality that we suspect will be 4K, Dolby Vision and Atmos, as well as dubbed content in 40 languages, with subtitles and 8 audio languages.
The price of 4.99 euros is the same cost that the Starz channel of the Apple TV app has. And also is lower than the one announced by Disney+ of 6.99 euros, which will be launched on November 5th. Netflix, on the other hand, has a basic monthly plan of 7.99 euros in SD quality.
Apple on Instagram
Apple TV+ sharing will be free for one year with the purchase of an iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac or Apple TV
The best comments:
See 24 comments
Topics of interest