Recopilación One more thing
Apple en Instagram
We arrived at the second weekend and with it we are getting very close to Christmas. While we wait to see if Apple decides to bring out a mini iPad, many of you will have already had the opportunity to have an iPhone 5 in your hand, or will be waiting for the products presented in the previous Keynote to be in stock. Let’s see what’s going on in the blogosphere in our weekly compilation of articles about Apple.
- We start with faq-mac, where they tell us about Finder’s integrated services when converting audio or video files, useful when converting audio, extracting the audio from a video or even when reducing the resolution of a movie. They tell us all this in an interesting screencast.
- DescubreApple tells us about five commands for optimizing OS X performance. They will also help us lose our fear of the terminal. Among them are Remove the delay in automatic dock hiding, Allow text selection in the Quick Look window, Reduce animations in Mission Control, Make hidden applications present a transparent icon in the dock and Show system information on the login screen. Oh, and if you have some lego pieces and need a dock for iPhone 5, don’t miss this entry.
- Were you waiting for this long weekend to come and go for a run (rather than run away)? On iPhone Sphere they make a comparison of three applications for runners, Nike+ Running, Endomondo Sports Tracker and RunKeeper. If you need a boost to exercise, maybe one of these apps will help you do it.
- And after your run, which is a pretty healthy activity by the way, you may want to sit down and personalize your device with iOS. If you have a jailbreak on your device, Applesencia shows you how to change the look of your wallpaper with vWallpaper. With that application we will have an animated wallpaper.
- The options for buying digital music are also increasing. Amazon has just opened its digital music store in Spain, with the possibility of buying single songs (0.99) or complete albums for 4.99 or 9.99 euros. Thanks to Amazon applications for iOS, Android, Mac and PC, we can access our music from anywhere, allowing us to store up to 250 songs for free, or 250,000 songs for 24.99 euros per year. They tell us about it in Actualidad iPhone.
- Do you have a MacBook Pro and would like to know which graphics card is working? On AppleWeblog we remind you that you can use gfxCardStatus, an application that tells you whether you are using the integrated graphics card (i) or the dedicated one (d) in the system bar, and also allows you to select which one you want to use. It will also notify us via Growl of changes between the two cards.
Well, enjoy this long weekend, those of you who have it, and remember that you can send us the news that you find interesting using our contact form. We’ll be back next week with a new One More Thing!
Share One More Thing… Useful OS X services, how to optimize the operating system, and much more
The best comments:
See 29 comments
Topics of interest