Motion is an advanced graphic animation tool that allows you to easily create extraordinary 2D or 3D titles, perfect transitions and realistic real-time effects.
2D and 3D titles
– Import 360° content and design 360° effects, generators and titles.
– Create 3D titles from scratch, designing them from simple templates or converting them from 2D to 3D.
– Easily create great titles and encourage them.
– Customize your 3D titles for a multitude of looks with over 90 Apple-designed 3D materials.
– Vector characters adjust their size, tilt and rotation with absolute clarity, while the sophisticated Motion engine allows you to work in real time.
Graphic animation for Final Cut Pro
– Save titles, effects, transitions or generators and access them directly in Final Cut Pro.
– Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects and transitions by opening them in Motion.
– Create smart templates to control groups of settings with a slider, drop-down menu, or checkbox in Final Cut Pro.
– Choose from over 230 behaviors to achieve natural motion without keyframes.
– Uses advanced color grading filters such as color wheels, color curves and hue curves.
– Tracks a moving object in a video clip.
– Create a precise chroma key in one step with the modulation filter.
– Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera shake and image stabilization to correct camera shake.
– Create your own 3D brushes and strokes or use one of the more than 140 brush presets.
– Design your own particle emitters or choose from 200 real-world effect presets.
– Select a rectangular or circular mask or use the Bezier mask and freehand tools.
– Use Motion’s intuitive keyframe tools to precisely control the timing and position of elements in animations.
– It applies 360° effects, such as blurs and glows.
– Add the Mini Planet filter when adding 360° video to a non-360° project to create an interesting spherical effect.
– Be surprised by the huge variety of third party FxPlug modules with custom interfaces.
Effortless 3D compositions
– Switch from 2D to 3D space by adding cameras.
– Create 3D scenes in a 360° project for ultra-realistic 360° environments.
– Create realistic shadows that dynamically animate with camera movement and light.
– Easily track objects or groups of objects
– Selectively defines the focus while an object moves in 3D space.
– Convert any shape, video plane or brushstroke into a reflective surface in 3D space.
Speed, quality and unbeatable results
– Import rich color HDR images and export them with the standard Rec. 709 color space or the rich color Rec. 2020.
– Export standard or 360° projects to Apple devices and post them directly to Vimeo and YouTube.
– Send projects to Compressor for custom coding, such as HEVC.
System requirements: Mac OS 10.14.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal compatible graphics card, 1GB of VRAM for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 4.7GB of disk space (3.5GB for the app and 1.2GB for the companion content)
Some features require internet access; fees may apply. Video output to VR glasses requires a Mac with a separate graphics card and Mojave macOS. A 27-inch iMac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics card or higher is recommended.