Man dies after charging his iPhone in the bathroom

9to5mac

A British man has died while charging his iPhone while using it in the bathroom , according to the case’s coroner.

Man dies after charging his iPhone in the bathroom
Man dies after charging his iPhone in the bathroom

Many times we take our iPhone or iPad to the toilet and even use it while plugging it in , sometimes without being aware of the danger this can cause, especially while taking a bath.

The coroner has been informed about the dangers of using electronic devices in the bathroom, and has mentioned that he will write to Apple about this case.

The tragedy, so it seems, occurred because Richard Bull used an extension cord to connect the iPhone’s charger to a socket outside the toilet , in the corridor.

After charging her iPhone, she placed the device on her chest while taking a bath.

Craig Pattinson told London Court investigators how he found the extension of the cable from the corridor to the bathroom.

“We found an iPhone connected to the extension cord, then to the charger element in the bathroom. The extension cord was on the floor and it looked like it had its phone charger on its chest and the part between the charger and the phone had made contact with water.”

The coroner has stated that manufacturing companies should warn about these dangers , and that he will write to Apple about this unfortunate case.

“In the investigation of the death, the coroner issued a warning about the use of harmless devices that can be as dangerous as a hair dryer in the bathroom. I intend to write a report later to the manufacturers of the mobile phone.”

The cause seems to have been to place the charger in a position where it could come into contact with water. Whether using an official charger, a third party accessory, or an extension plug, never charge your iPhone while using it in the bathroom .

Source

Similar Posts