- Apple introduces the new modular Mac Pro and these are its features
José Alberto Lizana
Posted on June 03, 2019 – 20:27
Although we think we only see software at WWDC 2019, today Apple has once again broken with tradition by launching the new modular Mac Pro. This new team for professionals had been announced for this 2019, but we all thought it would stay for the end of the year but have decided to bring it forward to this developers conference. In this article we tell you all the details of this new team that will certainly not be available to all pockets.
Mac Pro, the team nobody expected for this WWDC 2019
- Apple says it’s the ‘most powerful Mac we’ve ever made,’ but doesn’t say whether it’s better than the iMac Pro.
- It has a stainless steel design that gives it some flexibility. It also incorporates handles that make it easy to move.
- We will have 360º access to the equipment, to be able to change its internal modules.
- It features the Intel Xeon processor with up to 28 cores, which is certainly incredible.
- 12 DIMM slots holding up to 1.5 TB of memory.
- 6 RAM memory slots.
- 300 watts of power with a massive heat sink that can run all the time without restrictions at 2933 MHz.
- 16 PCIe connectors. 500 watts dedicated to the graphics card. Fanless design with a huge heatsink which is the so called MPX module.
- Radeon Pro 580X and radeon Pro Vega II graphics (14 teraflops, 32 GB HBM2) or two Vega II graphics It is categorized as the most powerful graphic in history.
- Dual GPUs can be configured with a bridge between the two graphics, providing 56 teraflops of memory and a total of 128 GB of HBM2 memory.
- Video card dedicated to video editing exclusively called Afterburner. With this card we can process according to Apple 6 billion pixels per second.
- With all this hardware you can do 3 live broadcasts at 8K and 12 at 4K, which is undoubtedly an outrage.
- Powered by 1.4 kW. It has three huge fans that can generate up to 300 com of airflow. It’s very quiet, similar to the iMac Pro.
The Mac Pro comes with a new monitor
Obviously the Mac Pro had to come with an incredible screen, and that’s why these are the features of the new screen just introduced:
- 32″ screen. Just to give you an idea, it’s 40 percent larger than the iMac 5K screen.
- 6K Retina Technology with a resolution of 6016 x 3384 pixels.
- 20 million pixels on the screen.
- Spectacular brightness of 1000 nits with a mode to reach 1600 nits
- Anti-reflective coating and a matt model are available.
- HDR with end-to-end brightness, with a new feedback system.
- To achieve this quality, each LED has been calibrated.
- Hire 1,000,000:1.
The price of this Mac Pro starts at $5999 and will be available this fall. The screen is priced at $4999 and will also be available this fall.
17 Comments You may be interested in … What you should pay if you want the new MacBook Pro 2020Everything about the new 13-inch MacBook Pro from AppleMacBook Air 2020 and MacBook Pro 2020, which one is worth buying?