The new Leopard update, Mac OS X version 10.5.7 is now available for download from “Software Update”. Just yesterday we told you that Apple had closed the Snow Leopard APIs and that the new Leopard update was very advanced.
This new update focuses on improving system compatibility and stability , rather than providing new features or other novelties. Of course, Apple recommends such an installation for any Leopard-equipped Mac. On my MacBook Pro , the size of this update is 449MB.
The full list of enhancements included in this version , as provided by Apple, are as follows:
- It includes the latest security fixes.
- Includes enhanced support for RAW images for cameras from other manufacturers.
- Increases video playback and cursor movement performance on the latest versions of Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
- Solves a problem with the Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
- Improves the reliability and accuracy of the following panel widgets: Unit Converter, Stock Exchange, Weather and Movies.
- Resolves a situation that could cause problems when signing in to Gmail.
- Improves reliability when synchronizing contacts with Yahoo!
- The Mac Pro Expansion Slot Utility now shows the correct PCIe slot configuration.
- Increases network performance when connected to an Ethernet switch with the Flow Control option enabled
- Improves the stability of network home directories hosted on Mac OS X Server v10.4.
- Improves Finder search results for network volumes not supported by Spotlight search, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule and third-party AFP servers.
- Includes several Directory Service and Client Management enhancements, described in the About section of Mac OS X Server 10.5.7
- Improve overall reliability with CalDav.
- Improves the reliability of automatic MobileMe synchronization.
- Solves reliability and synchronization problems with Notes.
- Resolves a problem that can cause the Bcc field to be filled in incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
- Improves consistency with Parental Controls and the application of restrictions
- Solves a problem where time limits do not work properly in full-screen and Quick User Switching games.
- Solves a problem that causes some printers from other manufacturers to print to the wrong paper tray.
- Non-administrator user accounts can be authorized to add and remove printers by activating the Parental Controls and selecting “Manage Printers”.
- Includes other improvements for reliability and stability of prints.
I have already updated and I have not had any problem , if you detect any incidence or improvement, we talk about it in the comments.