Learn how to change your iTunes account (Apple ID) from iPad and iPhone step by step
Want to change your iTunes account from your iPad or iPhone? If so, you’re in the right place. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on how to modify or change the Apple ID account associated with your devices to another account.
Many of you probably only use one Apple ID account that allows you to access iTunes, iCloud, and make purchases through the Online Store. Some of you may even have the same email address and password to access the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store as you do to sign in to iCloud email and to find my iPhoneiPad.
This, in my opinion, is the most used and most pleasant option to keep track of all your accounts and make your purchases easily. However, there are users who prefer to use two or more iTunes accounts for convenience.
Changing your iTunes account from iPad or iPhone
In some cases, it’s because they use shared accounts (with family, partners, and even friends) or because their Apple ID account predated the arrival of the iCloud service and they didn’t want to merge the two accounts.
Whatever the reason, if you need to change or modify your Apple ID account synchronized with your iOS device (iPad – iPhone – iPod Touch), pay close attention to what we’re going to tell you next:
- Go to the Settings application on your iOS device.
- Slide your finger down to find the iTunes Store and App Store settings icon. Once found, click to access its settings.
- Click where your ID appears (located at the top).
- A pop-up menu will appear with the following options:View Apple ID (will show you your current account details)Disconnect (will allow you to remove your Apple ID from your device to access a new account).iForgot (if you have forgotten your password, clicking on that option will change it to another one).
- Once the pop-up menu appears, we click on Disconnect.
- Then we can insert our new account.
So, we will have our new account ID to make purchases through it. If you want to change your account to another one in the future, you simply need to follow the same steps as above .
Still, as the iMore guys report, due to some restrictions in Cupertino’s company contract with some record labels, we will only be able to have 5 computers and 10 authorized iOS devices on the same iTunes account at the same time.
In addition, we can only change your iTunes account once every 90 days , so if we do so earlier, iTunes Match and iCloud will stop working until the 90 days are up.
Also, there will be some users who prefer to disable it permanently from the iPhone or iPad to avoid possible unintentional purchases , so we recommend that you visit our manual to disable the Apple ID from the iPhone and iPad.
Did you find it easy to change your Apple ID account from your iPhone or iPad?