Yesterday afternoon’s keynote left us with many new features: iPhone 6s, iPad Pro, new Apple TV… and in the meantime new hardware have blurred a bit the new software that is still very important: OS X El Capitan, iOS 9 and Watch OS 2 are just around the corner.
We have release dates, we have lists of compatible devices, we have the news well defined… What if we summarize all the data that is most requested in order to have a clear idea of what awaits us throughout the remainder of September? Let’s go with it.
Watch OS 2: what’s new
- Third-party complications in our watches, so that we can see data such as the charge of our electric car or the time of our flight directly by lifting the wrist.
- New spheres with time-lapses of cities of the world, or with personalized photographs.
- Time Travel: Go forward or backward in the time of your dial with the Digital Crown to see the calendar or weather forecast among other things.
- Table Clock Mode: places the Apple Watch horizontally while charging it so that the interface changes to something reminiscent of the classic table alarm clock.
- Native applications: developers will be able to take advantage of the Apple Watch processor itself, being able to launch native applications faster. In addition, those applications can switch to using all the sensors of the clock in their favor.
- Extended circles of friends, so that we can create several groups of contacts with which to communicate from the Watch. The drawings can now also be sent in various colors at the same time.
- Siri will be able to respond to more commands, among other things to start exercising sessions.
- The new activation lock will require the password for your Apple account to unlock the Apple Watch. This adds more protection in addition to the 4-digit code we have now.
iOS 9: news
- Notes enriches your format by letting us create task lists, web link sheets or photographs. We can also draw strokes with the Apple Pencil and the iPad Pro.
- The maps will now have information on public transport in some cities. Little by little this functionality will be extended around the world.
- There will be a dedicated iCloud Drive application, to access your files from iOS as if we were in the Finder.
- Mail will have more shortcuts with the gestures of our hand.
- On the iPhone 6s, 3D touch will allow us to access additional options by pressing with two different levels of pressure.
- One of the most important: multitasking with two applications, being able to work with two programs in parallel on the iPad Air 2, the iPad mini 4 and the iPad Pro. We can also watch videos from other applications in PIP mode.
- The keyboard gains functions to be able to move the cursor better and be more compatible with third party keyboards.
- Siri will be able to obey more commands, inheriting the Apple Watch interface.
- The Proactive engine will display all kinds of results and suggestions on the search screen.
- We will improve the battery of our iOS devices with up to one hour more charge.
¿No quieres esperar hasta el 30 de septiembre? OS X El Capitan GM llega al canal público
Apple en Instagram
Compartir Lanzamiento de iOS 9, Watch OS 2 y OS X El Capitan: dudas resueltas
Los mejores comentarios:
Ver 33 comentarios
Temas de interés
OS X El Capitan: news
- The notes inherit all the new features coming into iOS 9, synchronizing transparently with iCloud. Maps also inherit public transportation directions where available.
- We can use more than one full-screen application, avoiding making too many gestures to consult information.
- Mission Control is enriched by these new features and can create new spaces with full screen split screens simply by dragging and dropping.
- The cursor will grow in size when we move it abruptly in case we are looking for it.
- Improvement of Spotlight to show us information with purely semantic commands.
- Improved Mail with new gestures for managing mail and an attachment browser.
- Safari acquires fixed tabs and the ability to stream only one video instead of the entire screen, as well as the ability to mute the tabs from the address bar itself.
- Photos for Mac gets new options to retouch our photos.
- The system will have a better performance and will take advantage of the Metal engine to run graphics.
Compatibility and release dates
Watch OS 2
OS X The Captain
How to upgrade
From the iOS Apple Watch application on our iPhone
From Settings, Software Update section
From the Mac App Store
All models of the Apple Watch
iPhone 4S and above, iPad 2mini and above, iPad Pro, iPod touch 5th and 6th generation
All Macs capable of running OS X Yosemite can run OS X The Captain. Here is the complete list of supported models.