Following the release of the iOS 13.3 beta, Apple has released the new iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2 update, which comes with some minor fixes as we were used to a few weeks ago when we saw updates every week. In this article we analyze all the new features that these new software versions present.
In a rather strange move by Apple, this afternoon they released the final version of iOS and iPadOS 13.2.2. We say that it is unusual because they have skipped version 13.2.1, which is the one that should be released right now. We are all wondering why they have done this on social networks but it is surely a mystery that we will keep because we doubt that Apple will talk about it. As a theory we can say that they saw a pretty important error in version 13.2.1 and that’s why they decided to delete it and start over and go to 13.2.2, but it’s a theory of its own.
The novelties included in this new version are the following:
- Solution to a problem that can cause applications to close unexpectedly when running in the background.
- Solution to a problem that caused the iPhone to momentarily lose the mobile signal after a call.
- Solution to a problem where mobile data might not be available temporarily.
- Solution to a problem that caused responses to S/MIME encrypted emails between Exchange accounts to be unreadable.
- Fixed an issue that used the Kerberos login service in Safari that could present an authentication request.
- Solves a problem where the load can be interrupted in accessories with YubiKey Lightning technology.
As we can see, it is an update that solves minor problems but can be very annoying. The first one we comment is the closing of applications in the background, which is something that is already solved in the iOS 13.3 betas but that they have decided to solve in this version because the truth is quite annoying especially if you are playing some multimedia content in the background.
We certainly recommend that you install this version on your iPad and iPhone as soon as possible under Settings> System Update. This is a fairly lightweight update and will therefore take very little time to download and install.
Leave us in the comment box what you think about the iOS 13.2.2 release.