Writing with two hands for long periods of time while holding the iPad can be a little uncomfortable, especially when using the iPad Pro.
Luckily, in iOS 10 Apple provides an interesting feature that allows users to split the keyboard into two parts to reach the keys more easily.
Here’s how to split the iOS 10 keyboard into any of Cupertino’s tablet models: iPad Mini, iPad Air, and iPad Pro.
Dividing the Keyboard into iPad Mini and iPad Air
To divide the iOS 10 keyboard into two equal parts on either side of the screen, follow these simple steps:
1. Open any application that requires the use of the keyboard on your iPad.
2. Click on a text field to make the keyboard appear.
3. Press and hold the keypad button in the lower right corner.
4. Without removing your finger from the screen, slide it to the “Split” option.
5. Additionally you can select the “Release” option to make the keyboard position itself in the middle of the screen. This way you can also keep your finger pressed on the button of the keyboard icon to drag the keyboard to the desired location.
This functionality can be used with the iPad in both portrait (Portrait mode) and landscape (Landscape mode) positions.
Splitting the iOS 10 keyboard on the iPad Pro
To split the keyboard on iPad Pro, you’ll need to switch your iPad to Zoom mode. It’s easy. Just follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Click on Screen and brightness.
3. Click on Display.
4. Activates the zoom.
5. Next, after the reboot, the icons on your iPad Pro’s screen will look huge, and now when you activate the keyboard it will automatically appear divided into two parts.
The iOS 10 split keyboard may not be the best for typing, and you may not feel comfortable using it. But in time you get used to it. This feature isn’t required on the iPad Mini and iPad Air, but it is on the iPad Pro.