Find out how to easily fill out forms and submit them from your iPad
We may sometimes find ourselves in a situation where we cannot have a printer. In those moments, our tablet can provide the solution. Imagine that you want to complete a form and send it back , can we do it without a printer? Of course we can, we just need an iPad, iPad Air or Mini and a set of applications .
There are many applications on the App Store for scanning and editing PDF documents, however, not all of them achieve the same result. If you need to scan a document, one of the best apps to do it is Scanner Pro , the results are a real wonder. On the other hand, if we already have the document in our iPad but we need to edit it, there is nothing better than PDF Expert.
With these two applications, or similar if we don’t have the opportunity to purchase them, we’ll see how scanning, signing and sending a PDF document with our iPad is very simple.
1. How to scan a PDF document with your iPad
The first thing we must have is the physical document by hand that we want to scan and sign later. Then we must follow these steps:
- Open Scanner Pro or a similar application that has the function of scanning. Please note that the steps may vary from one app to another.
- Take a picture of each page of the document you want to scan. Make sure you complete everything you need before you do this.
- Once we have all the pictures we need, save them and click on the “Share” button.
- If we wish, we can send it directly from the “Mail” button. However, if what we want is to edit the document, click on “Open with” and choose the PDF Expert application or one with similar characteristics.
2. How to sign and send a PDF document with the iPads
- Opens the scanned document with PDF Expert. If you don’t know how to do it, you should select the document, press the “Share” button and choose the option “Open with” by selecting the app in question.
- Click on the document to open it.
- Now you must click on the “Signature” button on the bottom bar of the application.
- Make your signature on the screen that has just appeared and once you have finished click on “Done”.
- Now you will have to place your signature in the desired place on the document. You can also resize it if necessary.
- In the lower right corner you will find the button “Actions”, here you must choose the option “Send by Mail”.
- Choose the format you want to send and you’re done.
As we have seen in iMore, we no longer have an excuse to say that the printer is not working. With these apps on our iPad, scanning, signing, and editing PDF documents is now easier than ever. Have you tried them yet?
New manuals for Apple tablets coming soon