If you want to give a drastic clean to your device but it has Jailbreak and you don’t want to have to do it again, your problems will be solved with this article. You can do a restore of your iPhone with an iOS version between 5.0 and 9.1 (both included).
If you have bad installation files, outdated tweaks, and general junk bytes that have been accumulating on your iPhone over time, you’ll want to get rid of them so that your iPhone looks like the first day you did the Jailbreak. Yes, you won’t lose the hacking on your apple device again.
Launched by CoolStar, the developer behind tweaks like ClassicLockScreen and others, Semi-Restore makes the process of eliminating Jailbreak even easier. The device will stay in the same version of iOS and you won’t lose the Jailbreak .
When using Semi-Restore, the following actions apply:
- Delete all user data
- Uninstall all tweaks
- Fixes problems with Activation, iMessage and SafeMode
- Reinstall Cydia
How to use Semi-Restore
- On your iOS device, go to Cydia and install OpenSSH
- Connect the device to the computer (don’t do anything else for the moment). Visit the official Semi-Restore website and download the software. You may need to download .NET 4.5.2 (this will remove the error “MSVCP100.dll”)
- Check your iTunes version, if it is higher than 12.0.1 you will have to downgrade to avoid problems.
- Now open Semi-Restore and wait for it to detect your iPhone. When it does, the restore button will become visible, click it.
- Be patient, this will take some time and your device will reboot several times.
It is important that you do not touch anything during the execution of the restoration process. The program should warn you when the restoration is complete. When it’s done, you can either set it up as a new device or use an iTunes backup.