There are many important calls that we can make through FaceTime whether it is with a close family member or a business meeting. Sometimes it is so important that we look to have a recording of it so that we can remember it in the future. In this article we look at how you can do this recording comfortably with your Mac.
Previous considerations when making a FaceTime recording
It should be made quite clear that when we are going to make a recording of a call through FaceTiime always we should ask for permission . It is not legal to make a recording of a compromised call and then use it as evidence in a court of law or as a verbal agreement. The law currently states that you must always inform the other person that you are going to make a recording of the conversation, and this permission must also be recorded with the rest of the call. Once we have this authorization we can continue with the recording of the voice or even the images if we are in a video conference with another person.
Record iPhone or iPad FaceTime calls
If you are doing FaceTime from an iOS or iPadOS device you may have thought that it is possible to do it through the screen recording function . But this is not the case, since with this feature of iOS we can only record the image that comes out on our screen but not the sound of the call. To do this we must use a Mac and the QuickTime application.
Record iPhone or iPad FaceTime call audio
In the case that we want to make an exclusive audio recording of the call, we simply have to follow the following steps:
- Connect your iPad or iPhone to your Mac using the charging cable.
- Open the QuickTime application via the Finder.
- At the top enter ‘File’ ; New audio recording.
- Next to the record button there is an arrow pointing downwards.
- Tapping on this will display several recording options of the microphone where we see the input of our iPhone. Tapping it will select the iPhone audio input we’re using to make the call.
- We’ll click the record button to have the entire FaceTime call recorded on our Mac.
Record your video call on your iPhone or iPad
With these previous steps, we will be able to record only the sound of the call but not the image. To record the image of the different cameras that participate in the call we must simply follow the following steps.
- Open QuickTime.
- On the top left click on File > New video recording.
- In the recording options, next to the recording button, we will choose in the camera section our iPhone and in the microphone section also our iPhone.
- We will start recording by clicking on the characteristic red button.
At this time, in addition to recording audio, the iPhone screen will also be recorded, which is useful in case we make a video FaceTime.
Once the recording has been completed, which can always be stopped by pressing the ‘escape’ button , it will be saved automatically with the man ‘Screen recording date and time.mov’. This file can always be edited to your liking or stored in the cloud so you always have it at hand in case you need it.