Assigning a photo to each of your contacts on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch is a good way to improve the experience of using your devices, especially in the message and call section.
With these photos, you’ll be able to quickly recognize who’s calling you at any given time or find a specific person in the conversation list in the Messages app. Other apps can also show you these pictures if you give them permission to access your contacts.
Would you like your iPhone to show you a picture of the person calling or being called ? Here are the steps you need to take to get it.
How to assign a photo to your contacts to be displayed when they call you
To define a photo (or any other type of image: drawings, illustrations, cartoons…) to the contacts of your iOS device you must do the following
- Open the Contacts app.
- Touch the contact to which you want to add the image.
- Click on the Edit button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Add photo at the top of the contact information; next to the space to put your name.
- A menu will be displayed where you must select whether you want to take a new photo or select one from the device’s reel. Choose the option you prefer and take the photo or select one from the reel.
- Adjust the photo to the template that will appear. The circle indicates the part that will be displayed in the contact information, message list, etc., etc. Once selected, tap on Use.
- Finally, confirm the changes by tapping on the OK button in the top right corner of the screen.
That’s it, after following these steps the image will be associated with the contact and whenever you receive or make a call to it you will see the picture. It will also be displayed in the message list of the Messages app.
How to delete a photo associated with a contact in iOS
If for any reason you want to remove a photo associated with a contact on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, you must do the following:
- Open the Contacts app and tap on the contact you want to remove the associated photo.
- Tap on the Edit button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Edit button below the photo of the Contact.
- Select the Delete Photo option from the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm by tapping on Delete photo in the new menu you will see on the screen.
- Tap on OK in the upper right corner of the screen to confirm changes.
Once these six steps have been completed, the photo will be deleted and you will no longer see it when you call or the contact calls you and also in the message list of the Messages app.
On TodoAppleBlog : How to set a custom ringtone for each WhatsApp contact