When we were all waiting for the release of the Jailbreak Untethered for iOS 8.4.1, some of us holding on to this version to be able to “unlock” their iPhone, Pangu’s team surprised us with the Jailbreak for iOS 9 . This Jailbreak is Untethered -we can reboot the terminal without losing the Jailbreak- and it is done in a very similar way to the previous versions.
This way the Pangu team introduced us to their new version Pangu 9. This program has support for all devices that upgrade to iOS 9. The models would be the following :
- iPod Touch 5th and 6th generation.
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2.
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini first generation.
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, and iPhone 4S
The supported versions of iOS are iOS 9, iOS 9.0.1 and iOS 9.0.2 .
Let’s see now how to perform the Jailbreak with this program for the moment exclusive for Windows systems . But before we do, we need to be aware of a few requirements in case something goes wrong and we need to recover our device immediately before performing the Jailbreak:
- Back up all the content on our device through iTunes and iCloud
- Disable Search My iPhone, Touch ID and Code Lock so that it does not interfere with any of the processes.
- First, we will access Pangu’s team page to download the necessary software. You can download it directly from this link. Note again that this program is valid for Windows only.
- We proceed to install the application.
- Once it’s installed, we open it up. It might ask for administrator permissions or, if you have Windows 10, it might show you a warning message that it could damage your computer. In this case, we select More information and Run anyway.
- We have the program ready, now we will connect our device to the PC.
- As soon as you recognize it, we’ll press start.
- We will enable the airplane mode in our device to speed up the operation and click on the Already Backup button.
- Now the process of “liberation” will begin. It will take between 2-5 minutes to complete.
- Once it’s done, the device will reboot and we’ll put it back into airplane mode.
- Afterwards, we will open the app that Pangu’s program has generated in the desktop of our device, we will accept the permissions that it asks for and the terminal will reboot for the last time.
10. Deactivate the airplane mode, open Cydia and enjoy the Jailbreak .
As you can see, it is not a complicated process, which is available to everyone by following the steps in this tutorial. The arrival of this Jailbreak is good news for those of us who have always followed them to get tweaks and other improvements to get more out of our device, but is also good news for those who want to get started in this world . Some adaptation is missing, as many tweaks on iOS 8 are not compatible with iOS 9, but they will certainly all be updated over time.
There is always a risk of being able to brike the device in the installation process , and you should also remember that as long as the terminal has Jailbreak, the device will have no warranty. But it is also true that this year’s process is getting more and more comfortable, simple and safe. Would you dare to try it if your device is among the “chosen ones”?