The app Calendar on our Mac is the one we use to access the different calendars in our iCloud account. We can have, for example, one for personal issues, one for work, one for periodic reminders, meetings (in which it is very useful to add locations), etc. Dividing our tasks into different calendars can help us keep order, however, there will be times when we will need to synthesize and merge several calendars into one. Luckily Apple makes this very easy for us.
When we merge two iCloud calendars what will happen is that the app Calendar will transfer all events from one calendar to another and then remove the first one. We can merge calendars by following these steps:
- We opened the Calendar app on our Mac.
- In the View menu, tap Show calendar list. If this option doesn’t appear it’s because we are already seeing them.
- Right click on the calendar you want to “delete”.
- Choose Merger and in the submenu choose which calendar you want to merge it with.
- We played Merger to confirm the changes.
When the merge is complete the calendar we right-clicked on in step 3 will disappear and all its events will be moved to the calendar we chose in step 4.
On AppleHow to add and use locations in Calendar events
And it’s that simple. This way we can manage our calendars and gather them into one, which we can later rename or edit as we wish.