HomeJailbreakHow to Jailbreak to iOS 11-11.3.1 and install Cydia on your iPhone
The steps to do the Jailbreak to an iPhone with IOS 11 are simple
By Ángel Roca – Oct 15, 2018ShareFacebookTwitter
Even if the Jailbreak is not going through its best moment, there are still many users who perform it to feel free from Apple’s ties . iOS is a great system, both for its stability and its security, but customization is not one of its great assets.
If there’s one thing that Jailbreak lovers are looking for, it’s the freedom to customize their iPhone and iPad to their liking without the restrictions of Apple. Now there is a new tool that allows the Jailbreak of almost all iOS 11 versions .
The name of this new tool is Unc0ver and this is all you need to know to Jailbreak your iPhone or iPad with iOS 11.3.1 .
Unc0ver-compatible devices and systems
The first thing we should be clear about is whether our device and iOS version is compatible with Unc0ver Jailbreak.
Supported iOS versions
iOS 11, iOS 11.0.1, iOS 11.0.2, iOS 11.0.3, iOS 11.1, iOS 11.1.1, iOS 11.1.2, iOS 11.2, iOS 11.2.1, iOS 11.2.5, iOS 11.2.6, iOS 11.3, iOS 11.3.1 and iOS 11.4 beta 3.
iOS 11.4, iOS 11.4.1 and iOS 12.
- iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, and iPhone 5s
- Any iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 5, iPad mini 4, 3 and 2.
- 6G iPod touch.
Once we know that our device is compatible we must download and install the Jailbreak . This is a very similar installation to the previous Electra tool.
- The first thing you have to do is downloadUnc0ver Jailbreak from here, go down to where it says Changelog and download the latest IPA available.
- Now download Cydia Impactor, you can do it from here.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer or Mac.
- Start up Cydia Impactor and drag and drop the Unc0ver Jailbreak IPA that we have downloaded before into Impactor.
- Insert your Apple data to sign and install the application on your device.
- Check that Unc0ver Jailbreak has been correctly installed on your device but do not open it yet.
- Go to General Settings
- Find the Unc0ver certificate and tap on “Trust”.
Jailbreak to iOS 11-11.3.1
Now we can perform the Jailbreak from our own device , but before doing so follow these steps so that no error appears:
- Activate the Airplane Mode.
- Disable Siri from Settings , and search and disable all tabs.
- Reboot your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Once the device is rebooted we can execute the steps to perform the Jailbreak, which are very simple. We just need to access the Unc0ver app on our device’s home screen and press Jailbreak . This will start the process and conclude with a device reboot.
Renueva el diseño del Centro de Control de iOS 11 con este tweak del Jailbreak
Inconvenientes de Unc0ver Jailbreak
Desde hace tiempo el Jailbreak tiene una serie de inconvenientes y Unc0ver no es diferente al resto. Lo primero de todo es que se trata de un Jailbreak Semi-Untethered.
¿Qué quiere decir Semi-Untethered? Pues que cada vez que reinicies tu dispositivo el Jailbreak se eliminará y ninguna app o tweak de Cydia funcionará . Deberás volver a abrir la app Unc0ver y pulsar el Jailbreak.
Además esta app expira una vez pasados 7 días , que es lo que Cydia Impactor permite. Por lo que una vez pasado este tiempo deberemos repetir todo el proceso de volver a instalar la app Unc0ver.
Once the reboot is complete your iOS device has the Jailbreak done , you can now deactivate the Airplane Mode and activate Siri. Cydia should also be installed on the startup screen and you can enter and install as many tweaks as you want.
You may be interested