There is no doubt that the jailbreak had its great moment a few years ago, the creator of Cydia himself has recognized it, and that it is currently in a downward spiral, however that does not mean that there are not users interested in making it . The jailbreak gives you the ability to install modifications on iOS and that is something that many users like.
A few months ago the jailbreak was available for iOS 12, however the latest Apple devices were not compatible with this tool, until today. The team in charge of the popular Electra tool has surprised everyone by launching Chimera, an app capable of jailbreak to devices with the A12 Bionic processor among them the iPhone XS and XR and the new iPad.
This new jailbreak is compatible with a long list of Apple devices, including those equipped with the A12-A12X Bionic processor. The only requirement is to have an iOS version between iOS 12 and iOS 12.1.2 installed.
Chimera compatible devices:
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- 2018 iPad Pro
- iPad Air
- 6th gen iPad
- Make sure you don’t have any OTA updates downloaded to your device. You can delete it from Settings , Storage, then reboot your device.
- Creates a backup of all important data on the device
How to jailbreak the iPhone XS and XR
- Go to ignition.case on your iPhone or iPad with iOS 12 – iOS 12.1.2.
- Use the search bar to find Chimera.
- Click Get and install the app on your device.
- Once downloaded go to Settings , General , Profile, click on the name of the developer and click on trust.
- Now open Chimera, click on the jailbreak button and wait for the application to do its job.
- It is possible that your iPhone or iPad will restart during the process.
Some users have detected some problems with Chimera and it may not work at first, if you don’t see Sileo, an alternative to Cydia, installed on your iPhone you may have to repeat the process .