Jailbreak iOS 8 and 8.1 on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
The simple installation of the Jailbreak has arrived, on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus , for both iOS 8 and iOS 8.1.
If you’re thinking of doing the process on your iPhone 6, we’ll tell you in a few simple steps everything you need to do it right.
Before you start
Before you get started, consider several things.
First of all back up your device via iTunes , to prevent loss of personal information if it doesn’t work or if there is a problem that requires a phone restoration.
Please also note that by performing this procedure the warranty on the phones is lost and in the event that something goes wrong and the Apple phone becomes unusable, the warranty does not cover the problem.
It’s up to you to make the choice, you always have the possibility to leave iOS 8 as it is. Although Pangu 8 opens up a world of possibilities on your device.
Installing the Jailbreak on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
At the moment Pangu 8 only works on Windows, so if you have a Mac, you can run it on a Windows virtual machine. The Mac version has not been released yet. You also need to have iTunes installed, as it will be necessary. And of course, the Apple phone has to have the eighth version of its operating system installed.
Let’s start installing Pangu 8, just follow these steps:
- Download the Pangu 8 tool from its official website.
- Run the downloadable with the right mouse button and click on the option “Run as administrator”
- The latest version of the Jailbreak should already have the English language, the previous versions were only in Chinese. Connect the iPhone to the PC and wait for the tool to detect the device.
- Press the blue button to start the installation and wait for it to finish.
- After all the relevant settings are made on the device and once it starts, locate the Pangu application on the phone and run it.
- Install Cydia by clicking on the install button. When it’s done it will ask you for a “respring”, which is like a software reboot, press the button and wait.
- Then open the Cydia application and wait for it to make all the necessary settings and updates.
If you have followed all the steps, you will have it installed on your phone and phablet from Apple. You can now enjoy all the applications and Tweaks that Cydia offers in its repositories.
In case something went wrong, you can restore the device. To do this, run iTunes on your PC, connect your smartphone and press and hold the Home button and the power button for about 10 seconds, until iTunes gives you the option to restore your phone. Then just follow the prompts to return everything to the way it was before. We’ve learned all this from Gizmag.
We want to know if you have managed to install the Jailbreak on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus by following these steps. Tell us your experience and if everything worked correctly for you.