We already have with us the second public iOS 13 and iPadOS betas. If you haven’t dared to install any beta on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch yet, in this post we will explain you how to install the second public beta directly. However, you should take into account several aspects regarding backups. Here we tell you about it.
Public betas can contain errors, and although this is a random thing, sometimes they can be very annoying to the point of wanting to go back to a stable version of iOS 12. So the first thing we recommend to do is a backup of our settings, data and files that can be done using iCloud in the following way:
- Go to Settings and click on your name.
- Click on iCloud now.
- Slide down until you find “iCloud Copy”.
- Click on “Back up now”. This process may take several minutes depending on the amount of data you have stored and being backed up.
Now you’re ready to install the second public beta of iOS 13 or iPadOS. To do so, you’ll need to follow these steps now:
- Open Safari or the browser you usually use on your device.
- Open Apple’s public betas page. You can access it directly by clicking here.
- Click on “Sign Up” and register using your Apple ID.
- At the top of the page you will now see an option called “Enroll Your Devices” which you should click on.
- Now choose the operating system you want to install. In case you are with an iPhone or iPod touch you should choose iOS 13, and if you are on an iPad you should then click on iPadOS.
- Now go to step 2 and click on “Donwload profile” to start downloading the profile.
- Go now to your device settings and then to General Profile to install it.
- The device will reboot to complete the process and once it is turned back on you will see the update for this second iOS 13 or iPadOS beta appear under General Settings.
We remind you again that these are not stable versions of the system and therefore may contain some error already detected in the beta 3 for developers, which coincides in much of the code with this second public beta.