Have you ever wanted to download an Instagram Story and given up when you couldn’t find a way to do it? It hasn’t always been an easy task, but with the Shortcut I want to introduce you to, you’ll have no problem doing it whenever you need to.
The iOS shortcuts have gone a bit unnoticed, but their potential is huge and a good example is this shortcut with which you can download any Instagram story with very few steps.
Thanks to this shortcut you will be able to download the Stories from any account you follow (private or public) and also from any public account even if you don’t follow it from your account.
The shortcut can download both video and image only stories . And once downloaded, it will save the files directly to the iPhone’s reel, so you can easily use those files for whatever you need.
The first requirement to be able to use this “trick” is to have the Shortcuts app installed on your iPhone. It comes by default with iOS, but if for any reason you have uninstalled it it is time to go to the App Store, search for Shortcuts and reinstall the app to start taking advantage of it.
Once downloaded, tap set up the Shortcut to download Instagram Stories from iPhone:
- Click here to access the shortcut.
- Tap on Get Shortcut and the configuration process will automatically open.
- Situate yourself in the text box, type 0 and tap Continue to activate automatic saving so that all files you download are automatically saved on the reel.
- Type 0000 to configure the shortcut in English (if you prefer another language use the corresponding code from the list) and tap on OK.
Once you have completed these steps the shortcut is set up and ready to download as many Instagram stories as you want.
Using it is very simple, all you have to do is:
- Open the Shortcuts app and go to the Library tab.
- Tap on SMD x.x.x (the X is the version number that can change over time) and if it asks you to do so, tap on Run (usually this is only asked the first time you use it, the rest of the time it does so automatically).
- Type the Instagram user you want to extract stories from (the user must be public or you must follow it with the account set up on the iPhone if it’s private) and tap OK.
- After a few seconds you will have to select if you want to download all the stories, select one (the shortcut will show you a list of number of stories, you will have to check first the number you want to download) or download the first or last one. Click on the option you prefer.
And this is it. Once these steps have been taken, will download it from stories will start and after a few seconds it will let you know that it has finished and that you have the files available in the Photos app reel.
It couldn’t be easier! Don’t you think? As I said at the beginning, the potential of the Shortcuts app is huge and it seems that at the moment it is one of the most unnoticed features of iOS. Luckily I’m sure that shortcuts like this one will make the tool more and more popular and more powerful options will appear.