Although Apple has closed the window to the Jailbreak with its iOS 8.1.3 version and also stopped signing the iOS 8.1.2 firmware, there is still hope for all those who want to perform the Jailbreak, thanks to TaiG and its tool for iOS 8.2 Beta 2 for Mac computers .
This means that if your version is iOS 8.1.3 and you want to do the process, you can upgrade to iOS 8.2 Beta 2 and do it with TaiG’s PP Jailbreak for Mac.
How to do Jailbreak iOS 8.2 Beta 2 on Mac
We remind you that today we have published a tutorial to perform the Jailbreak iOS 8.2 Beta 2 in a Windows computer, since TaiG has updated the tool to be compatible with both operating systems.
Now let’s move on to the tutorial to perform the process on a Mac computer, it’s very simple.
- The first thing you need to do is download iOS 8.2 Beta 2 from the Apple Developer Portal. If it’s not available, you’ll have to look elsewhere. Someone else will probably have downloaded it and offer it to other users.
- Disable the “Find my iPhone” option and the passcode. It is also recommended to put the device in airplane mode. Now connect the device to your Mac.
3. Download the TaiG PP Jailbreak from the official website.
- Run the Jailbreak after mounting the .dmg file.
- Uncheck the checkbox for the TaiG tool from the lower left corner, as shown in the image.
- Click on the Jailbreak start button. An English version of the tool is not yet available, but it won’t be long in coming.
- Click on the button that marks the image above to accept the warnings and proceed with the process.
- The Jailbreak will run and the device will reboot when it is finished. Once it reboots, check that you have Cydia installed and it will appear on the startup screen.
If you have followed these simple steps you will have the Jailbreak iOS 8.2 Beta 2 made in your device and you will be able to start using it, as well as keeping it until you want, since this Beta version has no expiration date, as we are going to tell you next.
You can also do the Jailbreak by following this video tutorial, in a more visual way.
iOS 8.2 Beta 2 has no expiration date
One of the most important factors in Jailbreak this iOS 8.2 Beta version is that unlike other Beta versions in the past, this iOS 8.2 Beta version has no expiration date.
It’s certainly great news for those who are considering keeping this firmware for the long term and is one of the reasons why they are upgrading to a Beta version of Apple’s operating system. Although there are always the consequences that it is an unfinished version and the problems that this entails and that iOS 8.2 Beta 5 has already been released which fixes some bugs found in previous versions.
Remember to back up your device to iTunes before you begin any process , to avoid loss of personal data if something should go wrong. We have seen this tutorial of the Jailbreak iOS 8.2 Beta 2 for Mac thanks to iDownloadBlog.
Have you done the Jailbreak on your Mac? Tell us about the experience and if you had any problems doing it.
You may be interested: Possible Solutions to Common Jailbreak Errors (iPhone and iPad)