After a few weeks without knowing anything about TaiG, it seems that have returned with a new version of their tool for Windows and to perform the Jailbreak iOS 8.2 Beta 1 and 2 on iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
The Jailbreak is back
Apple removed the possibility of performing the Jailbreak with iOS 8.1.3 and even went much further and left the iOS 8.1.2 firmware signature, so the possibility of performing the Jailbreak for the latest public version of the operating system was removed as well.
If you are one of those who don’t want to wait for the Jailbreak and have upgraded to iOS 8.1.3, you can now do it with PP Jailbreak. Originally the tool was only available for Mac users, but the TaiG team has released a version that allows you to use the tool for Windows as well.
You may be interested in: All about the Jailbreak
The only problem that exists now is that the last available Beta is iOS 8.2 Beta 5, so Beta 2 is not currently available for download from Apple’s developer website . The only option left is to search the Internet for Beta 1 or 2 firmware, as the download links have been removed.
Also note that some tweaks are not yet compatible with iOS 8.2, so you’ll have to wait a while for updates, which won’t be long in coming. iOS 8.2 is compatible with the same devices as previous versions, including iPad 2, iPhone 4s and the fifth generation iPod Touch.
How to do the Jailbreak iOS 8.2 Beta 1 and 2
To perform the Jailbreak in Windows just follow these steps. Remember to back up your device to iTunes first , to avoid unnecessary loss of personal information.
- Download the latest version of TaiG’s Jailbreak and unzip it on your Windows computer.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device to your computer via USB.
- Disable the access code in Touch ID and Password Settings, to avoid problems. Same with the “Find my iPhone” option in iCloud Settings Find my iPhone.
- Start the TaiG tool with the administrator permissions, to do it click with the second button of the mouse on the executable and click on “Execute as administrator”.
- It will take a while for the tool to identify your device. Once it detects the device, uncheck the second checkbox, the one just below Cydia 1.1.16.
- Click on the button to start the Jailbreak.
- If it turns out that the TaiG tool is blocked at approximately 30%, do not be alarmed, the process will continue after about 20 minutes, be patient.
- When the Jailbreak is complete the device will automatically reboot and you should see the Cydia icon on the startup screen.
If you have completed these simple eight steps you will have the TaiG iOS 8.2 Beta Jailbreak on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. Now we recommend that you change the root password of your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, now that you have performed the unlocking process, as the device is very vulnerable and will serve to make it a little more secure.
Jailbreak de iOS 8
We have known this tutorial thanks to iPhone Hacks. Now it remains to wait and see if the TaiG team will release a version of their iOS 8.2 tool when it is released to the public. Seeing that they have managed to make the Jailbreak to the Beta version, we have no doubt that we will have a version available too.
Have you performed the iOS TaiG 8.2 Beta 2 Jailbreak on your iOS device? Tell us how the process went and if you had any problems with it.