Do you need to remove your Jailbreak? Learn how to do it easily and simply
Thanks to the Jailbreak we can eliminate the restrictions Apple imposes on users of its mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch . By performing this process, we can install applications external to the App Store and we can also customize or modify the system in a thousand different ways. In fact, one of the most vocal complaints among iOS users is the limited freedom they have to make changes to the mobile operating system interface .
The installation of the Jailbreak is very simple and does not take much time, so many users are encouraged to do so. If you haven’t done it yet on your device, but would like to try it out, you can do it by following our tutorial.
What are the reasons for eliminating the Jailbreak?
Despite the advantages of installing the Jailbreak, there are certain situations where it is necessary to get rid of it . There are cases where having the Jailbreak on your device causes strange behaviour on the device, slow system or we may need to take it to the official Apple service . If we need to do the latter, Apple will not service any device that has been tampered with because would breach any warranty it had by law or contract.
The only thing we can do about this, is remove the Jailbreak from our device and restore it to its initial factory state before taking it to the technical service, this way they won’t know if it was ever applied and they will make the repair they have to do without problems with the warranty. So if you are in the latter case and want to know how to remove the Jailbreak from your device, today we show you how to do it.
How to remove the Jailbreak from our device
In order to remove the Jailbreak from our device, we have no choice but to restore the device in question, i.e. to leave it as if you had just taken it out of the box. Although there are several ways, today we are going to indicate the most direct and with which you will never have any problem. Just follow a few simple steps:
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device to your computer with the USB cable. Restoring Apple devices cannot be done over a WiFi network.
- Once you’re connected to your computer, open iTunes and select the device you’ll be working with from the top right.
- Most likely, there is information on your device that you don’t want to lose, so we recommend that you back up everything on your device so that you can recover it later. Simply select where you want to back up, whether in iCloud or on your own computer, and click the “Back Up Now” button. If you want more security, you can back up to iCloud and to your computer, so you can restore what you had even without an Internet connection at the time.
- Once the copy is created, all we have to do is click on the “Restore iPhone (iPad or iPod Touch)” button to start the process of restoring your device and return it to its factory status.
- At this point, the device will reboot and begin the restore process. When it’s done, you’ll see that your device will ask you to reconfigure it from scratch, just as if you’d taken it out of the box when you bought it. Once the setup is complete, if you want to restore all the information and installed (official) apps you had before you deleted the Jailbreak, you must open iTunes again, select the device again and check the “Restore Copy” option. If you have enabled the option “Find my iPhone”, you will have to disable it in order to restore the backup.
Your device, good as new again
As you can see, the process of removing the Jailbreak on the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch is quite simple and will leave it practically as good as new . It is recommended that you make regular backups, either in iCloud or on your computer, so that you never lose the important information you are working with.
If you follow these tips to the letter, you will have no problem taking your device to the official technical service without invalidating the warranty. And you, have you ever had to restore your device? Have you had any problems doing so? Tell us about your experience and if you have any questions, discuss them with us below.