While the arrival of iOS 11 will completely revolutionize the (so far virtually bulletproof) iPhone customization system with new Control Center options and other Dock and multitasking features… customizing the iPhone to the consumer’s taste is no easy task.
While putting a ringtone on your iPhone can be uncomfortable, annoying, and messy, the Apple mobile operating system does offer the ability to customize the timing of vibrations for calls, messages, and other notifications.
By default, iPhone employs a two-speed ping for text messages and a more regular ping for calls. A single vibration is used for all other notification alerts. But did you know you can customize this to your liking? You can even create your own rhythm to match your favorite songs!
Follow this series of steps so you can personalize the rhythm of your iPhone’s call, message, and notification vibrations. You’ll see, it’s really fun!
1. Turn on your iPhone and access the Settings application.
2. Enter the “Sounds” section.
3. Then go to the “Sounds and Vibration Sequences” section at the bottom of the screen.
4. Select the option you wish to personalise (Ringing tone, Message tone, Voice message…).
5. Then click on the option “Vibration”.
6. Finally, tap on “Create new vibration” at the bottom.
7. Now you can start customizing the vibration by “taps” on the screen.
8. You can create the rhythm you want for any call, message or notification. It’s great!
9. When you have finished the vibrating tone sequence press “Stop”.
10. Finally, click on the “Save” button in the upper right corner.
And that’s it! You’ve already created your first vibration beat for iOS calls, messages and notifications on your iPhone. Wasn’t that fun? If you have any questions, we’re happy to help in the comments section.