On iPhone, there are two ways to quickly connect to a Wi-Fi network for the first time. One is via the QR that some routers already have on their back. If our router does not have it, there is a way to create a QR code on the iPhone to share your Wi-Fi network with other users (even Android) and without revealing the password, let’s see how to do it.
As we know, the iPhone’s own camera has a built-in QR code reader. Android users also have a QR code reader integrated in their phones, thanks to Google Lens (here you can add a shortcut to your terminal). Thanks to this, we can take advantage of the fact that a large majority of users can decipher these codes quickly.
There are many free apps on iPhone that allow you to create custom QR codes to access a particular Wi-Fi network . Here are a few of them:
- We will press the “+” button to create a new access to our Wi-Fi with QR.
- We will enter the name of the network as well as the password as they are written in the router or as we have modified them.
- The QR code changes as we enter each letter.
- Finally, we will specify the type of security the router has.
- Press “Done” to finish and save the QR.
Now we have the QR ready. So that anyone we want can connect to our home or office network quickly , just show them this QR and they agree to join the network. In this way, we don’t have to reveal our password to anyone to be able to access and connect to the Wi-Fi.
At Apple AUKEY’s True Wireless Earbuds, a budget-friendly alternative to AirPods
Perhaps the best advantage of this method is that you can share it with Android devices . This greatly speeds up the process of adding guests to our home network.