We continue with a new manual or trick for the Apple Watch and this time we will explain how to force the closing of an application in the Apple smartwatch , in case you find some rebellious application that does not work as it should or also force the restart of the Watch if necessary.
This is not something that happens multiple times, but if you are a user of an iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad, you have surely encountered a situation where an application does not respond and you need to force its closure in order to continue using the iPhone or iPad. Well, in the Apple Watch it can also be done in a very similar way and we’ll explain how to do it below.
Forcing an application to close on the Apple Watch
As we said, to force an application to close on the Apple clock is done in a very similar way to how you probably already know and have done on your iPhone or iPad. The only thing is that in the Apple Watch the buttons to press to close an application are others.
Just follow this simple tutorial to learn how to force an application to close on the Apple Watch.
- The first thing you have to do is to enter an Apple Watch application, a random one, as we will use it as an example to learn how to force its closure.
- Once inside the application you must press the side button of the Apple Watch, which is located just below the digital crown and keep it pressed until the off menu appears.
- When the shutdown menu appears, you must release the button.
- Once you release the button you must press it again and hold it for a second time, until the application closes and you return to the Watch’s home screen.
The logical thing is that the Apple Watch manages the applications correctly and without having to resort to forced closures like the one we have taught you in this tutorial. But sometimes the software can fail, nothing is free of errors, so you can use this functionality to close the application that does not work as it should.
How to force the restart of the Apple Watch
It is possible that the clock is blocked or does not respond and that the previous tutorial is not enough to solve the problem, so we will explain in two simple steps how to force the restart of the Apple Watch.
- You must press the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time and hold them down.
- After about 10 seconds, you can stop pressing both buttons.
With these two simple steps you will have forced the restart of the Apple Watch in a very similar way to a “Hard Reset” on the iPhone and iPad, which is done by pressing the Home button and the power off button for a few seconds until the apple logo appears, as we have explained on other occasions.
We hope you don’t have a problem with the Apple Watch that requires you to use one of these two tutorials, but if you do, you can use them to quickly and easily fix the problem.
Maybe you’re interested too: Apple Watch: Adding, Organizing, or Removing Apps