Notifications, as useful as they are annoying
Farm Heroes Saga, Candy Crush Saga, Pet Rescue Saga, Papa Pear Saga, Megapolis… and the list can fill the whole article. I’m sure that even if you don’t know these games, you will be more than tired of seeing invitations on your Facebook to play them . It can be quite frustrating at times when you don’t accept invitations to play games, but they still arrive every day (even several times).
This situation has caused us to often see people who delete “friends” or stop following certain people just because they keep sending game requests. But luckily, today we bring you an easier, less “aggressive” method that doesn’t require you to delete anyone from your Facebook contacts .
How to block all game and application requests on Facebook
- Open the Facebook application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Touch the “plus button” at the bottom right.
- We will enter in “Settings” (we will have to move to the bottom of the options).
- Go to “Notifications”.
- We will uncheck the “Application Requests” and also the “Application Guests” boxes.
In addition to deleting game notifications within Facebook itself, we may also delete them from our email or text messages (if we have them enabled) . Note that this will block all application requests, not just those for games. However, we will still receive notifications of applications that we have added ourselves.
How to specifically block a Facebook game or application
- We open the Facebook application on your iPhone or iPad.
- On the main news page, when we find a notification that we don’t want to see again, we will touch the symbol on the top right.
- We will touch on the icon that allows us to hide all the ads. In my case, I have chosen “Hide all Amazon Mobile Ads”.
With this method we should stop receiving notifications for that particular application or game . Sometimes some games or applications may appear sporadically in the news section of our Facebook, but that shouldn’t be too much of a problem so I don’t see the need to use the block in those cases.
Please note that if there is a game or application that you have installed on your iPhone or iPad and you have also linked it to your Facebook account, you will need to log in to the application or game in question and check the notifications section to check its status.
We hope we have contributed to decrease your headache by removing all those annoying notifications we don’t want to have on our Facebook . After all, the most important thing when using a social network is to be able to choose what we want to see and what we don’t.