Today Google announced the official launch of its Calendar app for iPad on the App Store for iOS. Previously, the app was only available for iPhone, Android smartphones and tablets, in addition to its web version.
The user interface of the iPad version of Google Calendar will be very familiar to users who have tried the app on other platforms. In fact, it offers many elements that are completely identical to the iPhone version and the Android tablet version.
Google has specified that the app has been specially optimized for the iPad , mentioning that users will have the ability to search from the iOS Home Screen through the Spotlight functionality.
Google Calendar Features
Among the features and functions provided by Google Calendar for iPad, we find the following:
- Several ways to view your calendar: change your view (month, week or day) in an instant.
- Gmail events: Reservations for flights, hotels, concerts, restaurants, etc., are automatically added to your calendar.
- Tasks: Use the reminders to create tasks and view them next to your events.
- Goals: add your personal goals (“to run 3 times a week”, for example) and Calendar will automatically find a place for you to make them.
- Fast event creation: Save time when creating events with smart suggestions for titles, places and people.
Download Google Calendar to your iPad
You can get the iOS Google Calendar app on your iPad completely free through the App Store from the following download widget:
The release of this iPad version of Google Calendar comes just one week after the official introduction of Apple’s new 9.7-inch low-cost iPad . Curious, aren’t you? Have you downloaded the app yet? Do you prefer the iOS native Calendar app?