A few hours ago Apple released iOs 8.1.2 for all devices that can run iOS 8. Among other things this new version cancelled the jailbreak on devices that had it done, and did not let others do it either. However, the jailbreak community from China should never be underestimated, because we already have available TaiG 1.2, that among other things, allows to do jailbreak in iOS 8.1.2
Remember that to use TaiG you must have Windows , because you cannot run it on OS X. If your computer is a Mac there are several ways to run Windows on a Mac. Once you have Windows and iTunes running these are the steps to follow:
- We make a backup, it is always important to make a backup
- We updated our iPhone or iPad to iOS 8.1.2
- We connect the device by cable to the computer and deactivate the lock code and Search my iPhone if they are activated
- Download TaiG from the download page and run it
- The application should automatically detect the device, once it does we deactivate the 3K Assistant option and press the green button
- We waited for the process to end and closed TaiG
- We open Cydia in the device and we will have jailbreak done
The process is completely free and takes no more than 30 minutes, so if you were waiting to perform jailbreak on your iOs 8 device this might be the right time. As always, remember that jailbreak is not a secure process , and Apple itself recommends that we do not do it. We always recommend that you evaluate both the positive points – personalization possibilities – and the negative points – security and possible system errors – then it is up to you to decide whether to do jailbreak in iOS 8 or not.
Post your opinion using your Facebook account.