FIND IT!En Apple
Even before the release of the iCloud Drive for iOS, we were already dreaming of an application that would allow us to have a file manager on the iPhone . The truth is that iCloud Drive complies quite well with this, although it is limited precisely to that, to what is in iCloud, when really many of the files that interest us are on the Mac and not in the cloud.
Find It is a new application that comes to solve precisely that, because it allows us to navigate through all the documents in our Finder from the phone and at the same time open them or perform other actions on them. We only have to download the application for free from the App Store and its corresponding for Mac. Once done the two devices will be synchronized and we can use the app.
- View relevant file information: Such as size, creation or modification date or path in the browser.
- Open and preview files: Supports most common formats used in the Finder so you can quickly preview any document you have on your computer.
- Direct actions on the Mac: From Find It we can perform direct actions on the Mac such as opening a particular document, see its location in the Finder or also actions on the iPhone such as opening documents in other apps.
- Actions on the Mac: Find It goes one step further and allows us to restart the computer, put it to sleep, turn it off…
You can protect your files with Touch ID and password
- Password Protection: Using a password or Touch ID we can protect access to Find It so that no one has direct access to our Mac documents.
The truth is that Find It is a useful tool if you usually work with a lot of documents on the Mac . In my case I use it to quickly find or preview a document on my Mac that I can then open directly on my computer. It is also useful for finding a file and copying it to the iPhone to edit or modify it with other applications on the device. If you want to try Find It remember that you can download the application for free from the App Store and its Mac add-on from the official website.