Apple en Instagram
Along with the presentation of new products in today’s special event, Apple has taken the opportunity to publish the final version of its new operating systems. iOS 12.1, watchOS 5.1, macOS 10.14.1 Mojave and tvOS 12.1 are now available to everyone with a compatible device.
At AppleAll the news from the Apple event: MacBook Air, Mac mini and iPad Pro 2018
The new features of iOS 12.1
iOS 12.1 is the first major operating system update since it was released last September. Apple warned that some features were reserved for this new version , and it seems that this has been the case. These are the main changes:
- FaceTime in group: Group calls were for a while in the iOS 12 betas, however they were eliminated with the intention of incorporating the feature definitively in a future update. This future update has been iOS 12.1, which brings support for group calls on FaceTime with up to 32 people at a time.
- Faces no longer blur: A “problem” with the new iOS 12 iPhone was that it blurred faces at times to avoid image noise. Wrong or not, this has disappeared in the new iOS version, iOS 12.1 Now the faces are sharp and the skin is not blurred at all.
- Live depth control: This is a new feature of iOS 12 that allows us to modify the blur of the images in portrait mode. Until now, it could only be modified after taking the picture, but with iOS 12.1 we can now do it live from the Camera app, as promised by Apple at the time.
- New emojis:More than 70 new emojis have been added to iOS 12.1 and are available on the official Apple keyboard. These emojis include among other things the possibility to modify the hair to curly, red, gray… It also brings animals such as kangaroo, lobster or peacock.
- eSIM support: It will now depend on your operator, but the new iPhone XS, XS Max and XR are compatible with eSIM from iOS 12.1 So the phone can use two numbers at the same time, one by a physical SIM and one by a virtual SIM.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes: As with any update, Apple has sought to improve the performance of the overall operating system and has fixed some of the bugs that have appeared since the release of the first version in September.
watchOS 5.1, macOS 10.14.1 Mojave and tvOS 12.1 also join the party
Along with iOS 12.1 have also come updates of watchOS 5.1, macOS 10.14.1 Mojave and tvOS 12.1 In these we have mainly compatibility with some of the functions of iOS 12.1 that are new. For example, the new emojis also come to the Mac and the Apple Watch. Or the group calls by FaceTime also to macOS.
Both iOS 12.1 and watchOS 5.1, macOS 10.14.1 Mojave and tvOS 12.1 can be downloaded free of charge to all supported devices . The update will appear as available in the operating system settings. As always, we recommend that you make a backup in advance.
Sharing iOS 12.1 now available to everyone: here’s what’s new
The best comments:
See 29 comments
Topics of interest