Evasi0n7 1.0.7, fixes issues affecting Cydia’s package list
The guys from Evad3rs, responsible for the tool Evasi0n7 that allows to perform the Jailbreak to devices with iOS 7, have recently released a new version of Evasi0n7 to perform the process to iOS 7.0.6 .
Evasi0n7 1.0.7 is now available for download and fixes an issue affecting the Cydia package list . It appears that if you Jailbreak to iOS 7.0.6 with the previous version of Evasi0n7, the new package list for Cydia was not updated. For that reason, the guys at Evad3rs were not able to release the tool’s update through Cydia, as the devices of the affected users were not able to update the new packages available through the alternative app store.
If you are unfortunately one of the users affected by this problem, you will have to perform the Jailbreak process again using the new version of Evasi0n7 1.0.7.
How to perform the iOS 7.0.6 Jailbreak with Evasi0n7 1.0.7
Before you start the process, remember that you must make a backup of your iOS device. It is not usual for there to be problems, but in case one arises you will avoid losing your data, as it will have been previously secured.
- Download Evasi0n7 1.0.7 (Mac – Windows).
- Connect your iOS device with iOS 7.0.6 to your computer via USB cable.
- Double-click the icon you downloaded to open the program and wait for the tool to recognize the device you connected.
- Press the “Jailbreak” button and follow the instructions below to continue the process.
- When the process is completely finished, look for the Cydia icon and open it to make sure everything went correctly.
If this is your first time, you will have seen that the process to perform the Jailbreak to an iOS 7.0.6 device has been quick and easy , because in a few minutes and following very simple instructions we have been able to install Cydia in our device.
As the guys at iPhonehacks remind us, Evasi0n7 is a tool to perform the Jailbreak Untethered to iOS 7, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3, 7.0.4, 7.0.5 and 7.0.6 and it is fully compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, 4s and 4
- iPad Air, 4, 3 and iPad 2
- iPad Mini Retina and Mini
- iPod Touch fifth generation
Have you tried the new version of Evasi0n7? Have you fixed the problems caused by the old version? Tell us about it!