Apple is gradually polishing all the bugs found in its operating systems, update after update. Before Christmas they left us the first beta of iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1, which they resumed after the holidays. This update which has been available to both developers and public beta testers is now available for download on all supported computers as discussed below.
What’s new in iOS 13.3.1
In this new update that Apple has launched for both the iPhone and the iPad compatible have been divided the news that are included. Specifically, the new features included in iOS 13.3.1 are the following:
- Fixes a problem in the Communication Limits that could allow a contact to be added without entering the Screen Time access code.
- The possibility of controlling the use of location services by the U1 chip is included.
- Fixes a problem that could cause a momentary delay before editing a Deep Fusion photo taken with iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro.
- Resolves a problem with Mail that could cause remote images to load even when the ‘load remote images’ setting is uninhabited.
- Fixes a problem that can cause multiple ‘undo’ dialogs in Mail.
- Solution to problem where FaceTime could use ultra wide angle camera in back view instead of angle camera.
- Resolves an issue where push notifications may not be delivered over Wi-Fi.
- Solves a CarPlay problem that could cause distorted sound when making phone calls in certain vehicles.
- HomePod support for English voice recognition
As we can see, the main new features included in this update are solutions to problems encountered. It highlights above all the possibility of controlling the location tracking that the system performs, and also the security flaw in the communication limits that we could impose on our iPhone. This is a measure that applies to the youngest in the house to prevent them from being contacted by strangers that we did not authorize, but which was easily evaded.
What’s new in iPadOS 13.3.1
Together with iOS 13.3.1, Apple has also released the final version of iPadOS 13.3.1. The following improvements are detailed in its update notes:
- Fixes a problem in the communication limits that allowed to add a contact without entering the access code.
- Fixes a Mail problem that showed numerous undo dialogs.
- Resolves an issue where push notifications may not be delivered over the WiFi connection.
Easily upgrade your computers to these new software versions
Obviously we recommend you to update your equipment as soon as possible to these new operating system versions in order to benefit from all these problem solutions. To be able to update both your iPhone and your iPad you must follow the following steps:
- On iPhone or iPad go to ‘Settings’.
- Please contact General , Software Update.
The corresponding updates will appear on this tab of the system. Please note that it may take a little longer to get out because everyone is asking for this update and this may cause some kind of delay even though it ends up arriving.
Leave us your feedback on this update in the comment box.