Just a few hours ago, Apple released the latest updates to its two flagship operating systems, iOS and OS X. This update is intended for iPhone 4s and iPad 2 users, although the update is available and required for all supported devices. However, many users who after upgrading to iOS 8.1.1 don’t know how to get back to iOS 8.1 or simply want to get back in order to perform the jailbreak .
To return from iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1 you have to follow some simple steps since Apple is still signed iOS 8.1 , -remember that when it stops doing this tutorial will no longer work and you would have to resort to Cydia’s SSH-, the process is the following:
- We backed up our device.
- We download the iOS 8.1 firmware depending on the device we have, Google is our friend in these cases.
- We deactivate Find My iPhone if we have it activated. This is done from Settings , iCloud , Search my iPhone.
- We connect the iPhone to the computer and open iTunes.
- In iTunes where it says Restore we press and hold the Shift key, a window will open where we must choose the IPSW file, we will choose the previously downloaded file.
- We’re waiting for the device to be restored.
- We restored the backup we made at the beginning of the process.
The good thing about this method is that we won’t lose any of our data, no phones, no messages, no pictures…, it will stay practically the same as before upgrading to iOS 8.1.1 Therefore if you want to go back from iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1 and be able to perform jailbreak the process, as you may have noticed, is simple .
Post your opinion using your Facebook account.