Put a face to your iPhone, iPad and iPad Mini contacts
I’m sure I’m not the only one who has a long list of contacts in his device’s address book that has been growing steadily over the months (or years). Whether we have many work or personal contacts depends on the case, we do not always remember the faces of each of them.
But thanks to the ability to add images to our iPhone or iPad contacts we can make the task of recognizing our contacts much easier. We can add them using the photo application, the contacts application and even import them from social networks like Facebook . Once we’ve added the photos, we can view them in iMessage, in the phone’s favorite contacts, etc.
You want to know how it’s done? Continue with us and we will show you how easy it is .
Assigning Images to Contacts Using the Photos on iPhone & iPad Application
- Open the Photos application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the photo you want to use for a contact.
- Press the Share button in the lower left corner.
- Now, play Assign to Contact.
- Select the name of the contact to which you want to assign the image.
- After scaling and moving the photo within the circle until it looks the way you want it, we only have to click on “Use” for the changes to be saved.
How to assign photos to contacts via the “Contacts” application on iPhone and iPad
- Open the contacts application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the name of the contact to which we want to add the photo.
- Click on the Edit button in the upper right corner.
- Now click on “add photo” (located inside the circle next to the contact’s name).
- Now we can take a new picture or choose from the ones we already have on film.
- Once we have selected or made the photo that we want to use we only have to move and scale the image inside the circle, once everything is as we want, we only have to touch on “Use”.
- Once this is done, we only have to click on “Ok” for the changes to be saved.
How to import photos from our Facebook contacts on iPhone or iPad
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and search for Facebook to enter its settings.
- Now we just have to activate the contact synchronization.
Now Facebook should combine the existing contacts and add the ones we don’t have yet . This includes the profile picture that the contact is currently using. When they update their profile picture, it will also be updated in our address book.
As the iMore guys point out, this method will allow Facebook access to our contacts and will add new people we may not want to have in our address book . We may also have some duplicate contacts if Facebook doesn’t recognize some of the people we already have.
As you can see, there are three options that will be very easy to use and that will help you remember the faces of all those contacts that are not so close and, by the way, you will give a little more life to the phone book of your iPhone or iPad.
Did you know this function of your device? Tell us your experience and if you have any questions we will be happy to help.