A few days ago we told you that the Applecare+ extended warranty service could arrive in Spain on March 25th, coinciding with Apple’s Keynote of the same day. However, it was today when the arrival of this service became official, coinciding with the launch of the iPad Air 2019 and the iPad mini 2019. Here are some more details about this arrival that many users have been waiting for.
Until today, in Spain we had AppleCare, just without the ‘+’. This type of service is a warranty offered by Apple with the purchase of its products and serves to guarantee the repair and/or replacement of the damaged device for two years after its purchase . The AppleCare+ warranty covers the same type of damage, but for an additional year .
The type of damage covered by both AppleCare and AppleCare+ is damage that has been caused accidentally, such as a fall. Obviously, this insurance is not free, but it is available at additional prices to the product, which can be found in the following list:
- iPhone: from 49 euros.
- iPad, iPad Air and iPad mini: 79
- iPad Pro: 139
- MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro: starting at $249
- Mac (desktop): from 179
- Apple Watch: £65 for the Series 3 and £99 for the Series 4
- HomePod: 45 euros.
Note that repairs that are not covered under AppleCare+ warranty are also eligible for a significant discount on repairs. Here is the list:
- iPhone: from £29 for screen replacement and £99 for other repairs
- iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad Pro: $49 any repair.
- MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro: not specified
- Mac (desktop): not specified.
- Apple Watch: 65 euros any repair.
- HomePod: 29 euros for any repair.
- iPod touch: $29 for any repair.
In this way we have good news for those who want an extended warranty service that goes beyond the 2 years offered by the Law in our country. This law dictates that we can have a 1 year warranty with the manufacturer and 1 additional year with the seller. With AppleCare+, we can provide up to 5 years of warranty service with Apple.
It is important to note that theft is not included in AppleCare+, which is a separate option to this extended warranty.
What do you think about this news? Will you be taking out this kind of additional warranty on your next Apple product purchase? Leave your impressions in the comments.