- Apple renews the MacBook Pro range
José Alberto Lizana
Posted on October 27, 2016 – 19:00
The day has finally arrived, the Keynote of October 27th has begun and with it the long-awaited renewal of the 13- and 15-inch MacBook Pro range of laptops .
There are great new features both inside and outside this revamped MacBook Pro, including new features that will make our day-to-day life easier. In this article we’re going to show you all these new features that Apple has surprised us with.
The most notable new feature is the addition of the OLED panel on top of the keyboard and four USB-Cs, which may bring many critics to Apple
Apple introduced the 13-inch 15-inch MacBook Pro
Both versions have been reduced in volume and size. The 13-inch version is 23% lighter. The 15-inch version has had a 20% reduction in volume.
The 13-inch MacBook weighs in at 1.37 kg and is 1.49 cm thick. The big one in the family, the MacBook Pro weighs 1.83 kg and is 1.55 cm thick.
Both versions have brought new features that are as follows:
- The 13 inch model without Touch Bar incorporates only 2 Thunderbolt ports, the 13 and 15 inch models with Touch Bar incorporate 4 Thunderbolt ports.
- Force Touch Trackpad, which is twice as long.
- New keyboard featuring the second generation of the butterfly keyboard, improving its mechanism.
- The function keys have been replaced by an OLED screen, called Touch Bar that will bring new features depending on the application we are working on.
- Adaptation of the Touch Bar adapted to specific applications
- Incorporation of Touch ID with T1 Chip, which will allow us to make our payments by Apple Pay.
- Photos uses this bar to be able to move between the different illustrations in a very fast way.
- Customization of the Touch Bar.
- The 15-inch model includes an Intel Core i7 processor (6th generation, quad-core with 2133 MHz memory). Radeon Pro 450 with 2 GB of memory with 16 GB of RAM at 2,133 MHz, a 2.3x faster, with a super fast SSD up to 2TB, 50% faster. Turbo Boost up to 3.5 GHz.
- The 13-inch model includes an Intel Core i5 or i7 dual-core 2.9 GHz. 8 GB of RAM at 2133 MHz. 256 GB SSD PCle disk, initially expandable to 1TB.
- Cooling system that promises to have a higher performance.
- 10 hours autonomy in both models.
- The 13-inch model can support one 5K screen and the 15-inch model two
- Two colours available: Space Grey and Silver.
In addition to this size, it has been possible to have the 13″ MacBook Pro without the Touch Bar. This model will be available from today. And the other models with the Touch Bar will be available in 3-4 weeks.
The prices of the products that Apple has presented to us today are as follows:
- 13-inch MacBook Pro without Touch Bar: $1499
- 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar: $1799
- 15-inch MacBook Pro: $2399
Compared to the older models, the MacBook Pro from 15′ ′ and the one from 13′ that has a Touch Bar, have gone up by $400 . In contrast, the MacBook Pro from 13′′ without a Touch Bar, has had a increase of $200 over the previous generation.
Mark Gurman, has advanced on Twitter that Adobe’s support for the Touch Bar will arrive by the end of the year.
These have been all the news that Apple has brought us and we are waiting for your opinions in the comment box all that you think about it.
Be the first to comment! You might be interested… MacBook Air 2020 and MacBook Pro 2020, what’s in it for you? Official: Apple announces new 13-inch MacBook ProWhat you pay if you want the new MacBook Pro 2020