Every quarter, Apple shows us the economic results of its last three months, thus fulfilling its obligation as a company to show us the current situation of the company. Today Tim Cook and Peter Oppenheimer presented the fiscal results of the fourth quarter. Once again, Apple continues to grow and position itself as one of the most powerful companies in the United States. Below, we show you the details in numbers of the profits of the multinational company based in Infinite Loop.
Apple announced it two weeks ago and we have already publicly the economic results of Apple during this fourth quarter of its fiscal year 2012-2013 . Let’s remember that during the third fiscal quarter of 2013, Apple continued to grow as it did in the second and first quarters and showed us that it is better than ever.
In this fourth quarter the figures continue to show a company in good shape; the company’s net revenues have reached $37.5 billion . Profits this time have been very close to last year’s Q4, with $7.5 billion in total. Last year’s revenue was slightly higher, in addition to profits: $36 billion and $8.2 billion, respectively.
As we can see, the new iPhone 5s and 5c have left their mark on Cupertino and this is reflected in the company’s profits, which have not stopped earning money since they went on sale.
Apple’s sales, in figures
- The iPhone continues to be the company’s most important asset, with 33.8 million units sold this year.
- The iPad remains in Q3 with a total of 14.1 million units, making up a large part of the company’s profits. However, they don’t manage to take the top spot away from the iPhone.
- The Mac, although the lowest-selling of the big four, is the top-selling high-end computer compared to the competition. In three months Apple sold 4.6 million units, compared to 4.9 million units in the same period last year.
These are the words of Tim Cook , about Q4:
The CFO, Peter Oppenheimer has said the following:
Q4 2013 forecast
Here are Apple’s forecasts for the last quarter of 2013:
- Income between $55 billion and $58 billion.
- Profit margin growth of between 36.5% and 37.5%.
- Expenditure on other operations between $4.4 billion and $4.5 billion.
- Other expenses of $200 million.
Some interesting facts
- 150 million iPhones have been sold (25 million more than in 2012, a total of 421.3 million phones sold since the original model), 71 million iPads (a total of 169.2 million units since the original iPad) and 16 million Macs.
- Throughout 2013 they have accumulated a total of 170 billion in revenue and 37 billion in profits.
- They have acquired a total of 15 companies during 2013
- iTunes continues to set records, 16 billion in revenue. This is a record figure, mainly thanks to the sale of mobile applications.
- In the business sector 95% of activations are iPhone and 90% of tablets are iPad.
- iOS 7 is already present in 66% of iOS devices
Nota de prensa
Usa tu cuenta de Facebook para dejar tu opinión.
Publica tu opinión usando tu cuenta de Facebook.
A total of 416 Apple stores worldwide, 49 have been opened or refurbished during this year and the visitors who come to them exceed 400 million people.
These were the most important figures of this fourth and last financial quarter of Apple for this year . What did you think? , Will the figures significantly affect this Christmas’ sales or will they remain the same? In my opinion, although sales of the iPad and Mac have dropped a bit, Apple is still in a very good position, much better than the competition.